Stock Front Shock Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionFatherhood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
e28db1f315b34408a98b52ca9cf0ba53.jpg

Remove those 3 nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

Hit them with a hammer and they will come loose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got the upper shock mount nuts off. Thanks guys for confirming which ones needed to come off.

To disconnect the tie rod and UCA, should I just take a hammer to them? I removed the nuts already I just don't know how to break them loose and don't want to damage anything.

Hit the knuckle with a hammer you will need a heavy blow hammer and hit it quite hard until it breaks loose.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hit the knuckle with a hammer you will need a heavy blow hammer and hit it quite hard until it breaks loose.

Take a hammer to the side of them. Not the bolt it self.

It will break the taper free and release.

If you take a hammer to the bolt, you may not get the nut back on.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take a hammer to the side of them. Not the bolt it self.

It will break the taper free and release.

If you take a hammer to the bolt, you may not get the nut back on.

I did say to the side of the knuckle!

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, the 25" breaker bar worked to get at the lower shock bolt. But that thing bent so much I was worried it was gonna snap.

I'm still having trouble with the tie rod and UCA. I've taken a 4 lb dead blow hammer to it maybe 20-30 times and I still can't get it to budge... This thing is kicking my ass.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, the 25" breaker bar worked to get at the lower shock bolt. But that thing bent so much I was worried it was gonna snap.

I'm still having trouble with the tie rod and UCA. I've taken a 4 lb dead blow hammer to it maybe 20-30 times and I still can't get it to budge... This thing is kicking my ass.

Time to switch to a club hammer, put some ear defenders on when you do it. Make sure you only hit the side of the knuckle directly surrounding the bolt, should only take a few good hits.