How To Stainless Works Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matdaddy

Reaction score
I had a bunch of other things to fix so this project turned into multiple projects . I only have 4 nuts and a few studs to remove and I'm done. The wheel wells and shocks are removed also so I don't understand why I'm having such a hard time . I'm just scared to push up on the oil pan with a wooden block and really mess shit up....

Any tips or tricks on this anyone can suggest? Im ready to pull a all nighter tonight and get my truck running again!

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't push on the oil pan. Others have without a problem. I placed the jacks under the frame and LCA

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Without an engine hoist I'm not sure how else you could do it. You have to get the engine jacked up. If you put a couple blocks on it you'll be fine.

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You don't need to take the driver's side out, just the passenger side. It's pouring down rain right now so maybe someone else will be kind enough. I thought the SW instructions had pictures. It's hard to miss, it has two nuts attaching it to the frame and then 3 bolts I believe attaching it to the engine. Get the two nuts off first, jack the engine up, and then take the bolts out as this will give you more room.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
shit dude, i haven't been on this thread in that long...my apologies, let me know if you need any help, i'll PM you my number!

@matdaddy pm sent!

@Rookie definitely has some good tips on this install - his write up helps a lot!

Last edited:

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doing this install now. Instruction are well done, only issues is the all the bolt sizes are off so far on a 2014 6.2 install. Seems to be 2-5 mm off which I called SW about and will be sending them images.

4 hours in and have passenger on. Working on drive side. I have a lift which makes this way easier as well as have 1/2 the truck apart. For those who did this with fenders and other parts on, my hats off to you.

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Doing this install now. Instruction are well done, only issues is the all the bolt sizes are off so far on a 2014 6.2 install. Seems to be 2-5 mm off which I called SW about and will be sending them images.

4 hours in and have passenger on. Working on drive side. I have a lift which makes this way easier as well as have 1/2 the truck apart. For those who did this with fenders and other parts on, my hats off to you.

I'm not sure how they got the bolt sizes wrong but as you said, they seemed to be consistently off. I tried to fix them in my write up but I didn't start doing so right away and forgot some of them.

Good luck!

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah took me a minute to figure out if I was missing something or if it was the instructions. Best one was the heat shield saying 6mm bolt and it was a 10mm. I think that is where the miss labeled sizes start. I spent probably 5 minutes looking for the two 6mm bolts to make sure I was following the steps exactly. Then I realized who ever wrote it was a little off on their "mark one eyeball" measurements.

Driver side is next which I assume is the hard side to install.

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah took me a minute to figure out if I was missing something or if it was the instructions. Best one was the heat shield saying 6mm bolt and it was a 10mm. I think that is where the miss labeled sizes start. I spent probably 5 minutes looking for the two 6mm bolts to make sure I was following the steps exactly. Then I realized who ever wrote it was a little off on their "mark one eyeball" measurements.

Driver side is next which I assume is the hard side to install.

The header bolts on the driver's side are the bitch. The second bolt back on the bottom side is pretty much impossible to get within torque specs. If you went with locking header bolts, you might as well stop as soon as it seems like you can't get one. There are a couple on the driver's side that are impossible to even reach to get the lock on.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg