Speaker adapter tips - cutting boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think just the small plastic cover in front of the speaker comes off. its held on by plastic push clips. but i need a pic to make sure....

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, from what i have seen so far, you have 6 1/2 in the door. and eliminate those damn headrest speakers.......

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

so 6.5 is the best choice to adapt in there?
it should be a perfect fit depending on speaker depth.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LoL i put in better ones that acoustically made for the miata. They sound pretty good. I def need to add a little bass to the car tho. I would like to find a real simple and small solution. I have had crazy thoughts of cutting the deck behind the seats and putting a 10 there and making some sort of box in behind it but thats more work than i want to do in that car. Plus i still am thinking about taking weight out of it to drop it below 2000lbs....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
I

IPACA9

Reaction score
funny..... however 1/4 inch abs is pretty much the same thing....

True for us shop guys who can get it from distribution cheap but for the average backyard installer these are readily available at any dollar store, kmart, walmart and more. I do the majority of my installs onsite in the dealership lot or residence or someone's work. I have a enclosed haulmark trailer equipped as a mobile shop with generator, panel saw, dust collection system and all. I'll rip a box out and build it on-site. Hanging on a peg is a bunch of cutting boards and everyone asks why they're there.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you dont need a trunk, put a box in there and remove it when/if you go to the track

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

True for us shop guys who can get it from distribution cheap but for the average backyard installer these are readily available at any dollar store, kmart, walmart and more. I do the majority of my installs onsite in the dealership lot or residence or someone's work. I have a enclosed haulmark trailer equipped as a mobile shop with generator, panel saw, dust collection system and all. I'll rip a box out and build it on-site. Hanging on a peg is a bunch of cutting boards and everyone asks why they're there.

where are you located?

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do need a trunk, there is no room to put stuff anywhere else in this chic car lol.....the road is my track!