Soon to be raptor owner in New England

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For 2010 and 11's i believe...

In short.....electronics go brrrrrrrrr and flake out and the trans shifts into 1st. Not an ideal outcome at speed.

It was a recall, check to see if this has been addressed on this truck. If not I dont think it is a hard fix, little pricey and last I heard the part was way backordered

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, Captnslo. Glad to be here. :happy107:
Here's some eye candy...the lift, not the firehawk. Does come in handy... being a gray beard, it's a prerequisite for any auto work... just can't do the roll-around on-the-floor stuff anymore. :Nonono:

View attachment 419428
Nice Firehawk. I’ve been keeping an eye out for a low mileage Hawk myself.

OP
OP
gusser

gusser

Reaction score
morning..........

there is no limiter key. both keys do everything. lead frame is the valve body (i think) it would cause random shifting problems, for some, catastrophic.
Thanks for your input Grumpy Car Stereo Guy. The sales rep (young kid, 22) gets a callout when the truck is started warning that the vehicle is speed limited to 70mph and was told he needs a second "programmed" key give to the new owner. I guess he'll find out one way or the other, probably the hard way. I give them credit for making sure I have two sets of keys ready for the purchase. I'm sure making a new one isn't cheap...

A reference to the valve body (lead frame?) causing a catastrophic failure is troubling. This sounds different than the OSS recall the Ford Dealership is handling. Nothing about a lead frame that I can see. More research!:

What is the Ford speed sensor recall?

Ford is issuing a safety recall on select 2011-13 Ford F-150 vehicles with 6-speed automatic transmission that may experience an intermittent loss of the transmission output speed sensor signal to the powertrain control module, potentially resulting in a temporary, unintended downshift into first gear.
Feb 13, 2019

:happy160:

OP
OP
gusser

gusser

Reaction score
Nice Firehawk. I’ve been keeping an eye out for a low mileage Hawk myself.
Thank you sir. Purchased in 2019 from the original owner, the paint is magnificent but there was a lot of work to bring her up to "Excellent" standard. I was going to try and sell her but too many lowballers out there. Plus I'd get killed with CT sales tax on the Raptor purchase, so I offered a straight up trade. No sales tax!
The sales rep passed on my Hawks info to the owner of the dealership, who is traveling, and after seeing my pics, vids and the "work that was done" list, he seems up for it.

My Hawk runs and rides like new. Everything works as a result of my substantial investment in time, labor and parts. (Man, did I need that lift!)
She was supposed to be my "Drive till I die" car, but my very successful youngest daughter knows how much I love the C7 vette's (she has one of the first C8's in CT) and made a substantial donation to my vette fund. I was lucky enough to find a low mileage 2019 Stingray (no desire for the Gran sport or Z06), black carbon black pkg (all emblems are black, no chrome, sort of a black out option) with red seats (don't cringe.. the red is very subtle and its growing on me) It looks like the Batmobile, sorta) 6200 miles on the clock.
So hopefully the new owner will enjoy the fruits of my labors and I will have a super cool muscle truck to fix up and tow my little cargo trailer with. Life is good. :happy107:

Good luck with your Firehawk search. They only made 622 for US consumption in 1999. Numbers are a bit higher 2000-2002 IIRC. Try the LS1tech.com forum. They pop up there in the classifieds occasionally.

Here's a pic of my C7.
My replacement "drive till I die" ride. :happy160:

first ride 4-2023.jpeg

Last edited:

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input Grumpy Car Stereo Guy. The sales rep (young kid, 22) gets a callout when the truck is started warning that the vehicle is speed limited to 70mph and was told he needs a second "programmed" key give to the new owner. I guess he'll find out one way or the other, probably the hard way. I give them credit for making sure I have two sets of keys ready for the purchase. I'm sure making a new one isn't cheap...

A reference to the valve body (lead frame?) causing a catastrophic failure is troubling. This sounds different than the OSS recall the Ford Dealership is handling. Nothing about a lead frame that I can see. More research!:

Ford is issuing a safety recall on select 2011-13 Ford F-150 vehicles with 6-speed automatic transmission that may experience an intermittent loss of the transmission output speed sensor signal to the powertrain control module, potentially resulting in a temporary, unintended downshift into first gear.
Feb 13, 2019

Yeah, thats the pc way of putting it gently.^

There are two types of keys. One has the lock/unlock and remote start functions and the other is a plain key that unlocks and starts tje truck manually. Also they might be thinking about the MyKey stuff that limits the speed and various other functions. MyKey allows you to program keys with restricted vehicle modes that promote good driving habits. All but one of your keys can be configured in a restricted mode. The keys that remain unprogrammed are referred to as administrator or admin keys.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ford is issuing a safety recall on select 2011-13 Ford F-150 vehicles with 6-speed automatic transmission that may experience an intermittent loss of the transmission output speed sensor signal to the powertrain control module, potentially resulting in a temporary, unintended downshift into first gear.Feb 13, 2019

that is one of the end results of the lead frame issue. shifting into first at highway speed. you can check to see if the work has been done on that truck. if it has, then there shouldnt be any problems.