Some fun in Moab, UT.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Trick.Raptor

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I don't think it matters either way. I did mine after the axle so I could use the factory hanger to secure it better.

I am going to go this route as well. There seems to be a difference of opinion on drone and resonance for each way but I'll just chalk that up as opinions being a lot like ******** :)

If the over the axle cut produces drone and resonance I will keep cutting all the way up to the manifold until I get the sound I want!

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to go this route as well. There seems to be a difference of opinion on drone and resonance for each way but I'll just chalk that up as opinions being a lot like ******** :)

If the over the axle cut produces drone and resonance I will keep cutting all the way up to the manifold until I get the sound I want!

I'll just say from my experience with my Volant system, I have had zero drone or resonance with cutting the pipe right after the axle. I know that Volant/Corsa systems are known for their lack of drone and resonance, but cutting it there definetly did not ruin that! Can't speak for all systems but that's my experience. Like you said, you have a good plan that you can always cut more as you go.

mootang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RPG recommended I do it when I dovetailed so I said **** it because I wanted it out of the way for when slow rock crawling or even some washouts. It was stock no money invested in exhaust. Then I wanted better sound so grabbed the Magnapack and welded it to the hanger so it never goes anywhere or rattles.

Less restrictive exhaust is always good. The spare is up in the bed rack now. No drone at all and sounds great.
83C5310D-4072-43A3-8756-A4BDEFC9A752_zpshq2be9r7.jpg
A568E3F0-285E-4D16-B5C4-AC92697AFDA8_zps8lxra4xl.jpg

How do you like this exhaust setup at cruising speed? How's the drone? I'm guessing not bad since it looks like you still have the resonator

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@mootang I really like it to be honest. No drone and its throaty like a V8 should be. I'm thinking about pulling the resonator though too.

OP
OP
Trick.Raptor

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Got anymore pics or vids @Trick_Raptor ? I want to go to Moab eventually.

Yeah I have more and I better post them before Jimbo shows up and ruins this thread too!

We start off with Monument Valley, AZ.

IMG_3213_zpscyyfe9ex.jpg

Yep, it fits in the back of my Raptor...

IMG_3211_zps6oyr12ct.jpg

It's late in the afternoon and with the sun setting the view is awesome!

IMG_3332_zpspsq14vag.jpg

Some "wildlife" on the open range.

IMG_3278_zpsds1vreqn.jpg

IMG_3287_zpskhhekwdj.jpg

This is the view from our room at "The View Hotel" and it is amazing...

IMG_0774_zpsla3pttwm.jpg

I am so lucky that I have a wife that loves off-roading and off-road racing and prefers a Fox shirt over a stupid Love Pink shirt any day of the week!

IMG_3430_zpsrb3wip4g.jpg

The Forrest Gump Monument Valley shot...

IMG_3435_zps38vj91an.jpg

IMG_3441_zpszi7zkcpl.jpg

Moki Dungway pass. Look it up. It's cool!

IMG_3477_zpslysrfevf.jpg

IMG_3470_zps55kvy9sx.jpg

This is Potash Road in Moab. The mountain range in the back is where Dead Horse Point State Park is at.

IMG_3513_zpsjvxgiamu.jpg

More shots along Potash Road heading towards Shafer Pass.

IMG_3522_zpsmzjmyobr.jpg

Shafer Pass.

IMG_3532_zpsag97ar5h.jpg

Panoramic shot on top of Shafer Pass looking down on the White Rim Trail.

IMG_3526_stitch_zpswbkswnzq.jpg

Fallen Rock on the Long Canyon Trail in Moab.

IMG_3576_zpsodptpphk.jpg

IMG_3577_zpsuhymidop.jpg

This was taken at Dead Horse Point looking down on Potash Road. You can see the Potash Ponds in the distance.

IMG_3557_stitch_zpsz7djkwxz.jpg

Looking down on Potash Road where the jump scene from Thelma & Louise was shot. The best part thing about Thelma & Louise? There won't be a sequel.

IMG_3561_zpsbfwt78br.jpg

It's 5:30AM and I am getting ready for the White Rim Trail and thanks to Noah for providing the LED setup.

IMG_3643_zps00f1mtbc.jpg

There is a road going down the side of this mountain!

IMG_3645_zpsbbc4mlgc.jpg

The White Rim Trail gets very narrow on the Green River.

IMG_3651_zps9y0ksfry.jpg

IMG_3647_stitch_zps4cyg2j38.jpg

IMG_3655_zpsgqmu6mmg.jpg

Thick Moab red rock dust is starting to blanket everything.

IMG_3653_zps4iaidtfb.jpg

My Raptor is turning in to a Molten Orange Raptor after 50 miles...

IMG_3664_zpsxak657hb.jpg

This shot is from The Grand View Point in Arches National Park. You can see the White Rim Trail from up here.

IMG_0971_zpsipl6j1sd.jpg

My sister came out from Colorado Springs for this day trip and my wife enjoy lunch with a view! You can see part of the Murphy Hogback trail on the left.

IMG_1447_zps6wkijpie.jpg

IMG_3675_stitch_zpspb9hq8rt.jpg

Muscleman Arch on the White Rim Trail.

IMG_3720_zpsdvlllntm.jpg

Oh and this is Honda Pilot got stuck... The Jeep was not heavy enough to winch the Pilot out on its own so we used the Raptor!

Pilot_zpsmmug7i13.jpg

Turns out the Pilot had it's parking brake on... you can see the rear tires are locked up!

Last edited:

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome pics man thanks for sharing. Looks like a blast. How was that red dirt to wash off?

OP
OP
Trick.Raptor

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Awesome pics man thanks for sharing. Looks like a blast. How was that red dirt to wash off?

First wash in Moab cleaned up most of the dirt. I still had my gear in the back so I concentrated on the lower side and undercarriage.

I did another rinse at the house and there was still a lot of red dirt under the gas tank skid plate.

I'm pretty sure I will have red dirt here and there for the next few months...