SoCal Dealer Recommendations for Service?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robbiee

Reaction score
Hey all,

Picked up a 17, and luck have it, it had ESP powertrain care. The plastic oil pan is leaking, valve cover(s) and it seems like the rear diff bearings are out. No idea how I missed this, but I didn’t know what to check on the truck and blindly went into it. According to Oasis, the phasers may have been done in 2021.

That being said, was hoping someone here had a good recommendation on a service department in SoCal. I think I heard RSM is good.

Guyzer

Reaction score
I searched Yelp and found out that South Bay Ford in the city of Hawthorne had high customer satisfaction reviews. They said I did not need an appointment, first come first serve, and got help as soon as I drove in Monday morning at 10:30. The service advisor, Deanna, was super cool and a total car enthusiast. She wrote up a work order for cam phasers and driver seat heating element that went bad. I asked her if Ford could replace the seat cusion at the same time since the bolster was squished flat and she said she could probably have that covered under my extended warranty. Also going to have them change the spark plugs while the engine is apart which she said I would just have to pay for the plugs. They have an inhouse Enterprise car rental representative and Deanna wrote up an order for a rental car for 10 days covered by my extended service plan. I am sure glad I bought that extended service plan.
I live closer to Autonation Ford in the city of Torrance but did not get a good feeling about them which was the reason for this post. My gut feeling was confirmed by poor reviews on Yelp.