So many PNP HID options...help needed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
As some of you know I had bad grounding issues with my trs kit but got it figured out last night, kit works great and found great mounting point for my ballasts with the frame supports under the headlight area. I attached a pic to show its location to help anyone else who will be installing the trs elite kit

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
jblakesmith

jblakesmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As some of you know I had bad grounding issues with my trs kit but got it figured out last night, kit works great and found great mounting point for my ballasts with the frame supports under the headlight area. I attached a pic to show its location to help anyone else who will be installing the trs elite kit

Thanks Dan! I assume you used battery ground, but where did you ground to for other side? I hope to have some time for install this weekend. How about relay mounting? Use zip ties to route cables with existing bundles? More pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and glad to hear everything is working great now. :party33:

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
I ran wires across in front of radiator due to lack of length plus my aftermarket bumper but type in YouTube raptor hid install and the guy shows a perfect grounding point which resolved my issue. Great video a little wobbly since he was by himself installing and recording but still affective lol

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
Lol prolly not my new to me Hellas one of the lights went out so its bad ballast or bulb so I gotta figure that one out first

OP
OP
jblakesmith

jblakesmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the Morimoto Elite HID 35W 5000K PNP kit this past weekend and love them thus far. I haven't gotten around to adjusting them yet, but no flashing from oncoming traffic to date. Due to high perch setting, I'm sure I'll need to bring them down a bit. I routed from one headlight to the other following existing OEM cable routing atop radiator. Used existing grounding point for driver side, but due to battery tray I was not able to get to the passenger side ground. Therefore, I just used a local existing structural screw below headlight housing. Fuse ended up being near existing fuses while the relay ended up being between battery tray and ground cable bundle. Used some zip ties to bundle wires with existing wire bundles. The ballasts were mounted atop rectangular tube below headlight housings. This area should be safer from road/trail debris, but still accessible from below without removing headlight housing again. I didn't want to drill any new holes, so I simply used double sided cushioned tap, electrical tape and zip ties. :) I'll post some pics soon. I'll also try to take some pics of the actual lights in action. Thanks again for everyone's help and tips. LEDs for the tag, backup, puddle, and cargo lights next. :)