Snaptint for Raptor question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atticus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, Looking into snap tint as an option for my front windows. When I go on their website and select Ford, then super cab, all I get is older year models to choose from. I'm assuming if I just went with the F-150 standard cab front kit I'd be fine. Just wondering if anyone else has used this company for their Raptor, and if so how you like the product. Thanks

Here's a link to their website:DIY Window Tint Kits, Precut Tints & Window Film | SnapTint Window Tinting

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not worth it. you wont be able to put it on by yourself the right way. window film need to be put on professionally. it needs to be cut and shrunk to fit your window and you need to pull the door panel off slightly to get the film below the window liner. also if you try to do it by yourself you will get bubbles and dust/dirt spots. i learned from a window tinter who had 30years eperience and i sill messed up my first 10 cars i tried. it takes a while to tint right. your best bet is to pay a shop to do it. most likely you will mess up your first time and have to redo it. our shop would charge $80 for the front 2 windows thats including the film so it is not that expensive

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
x2 window tint is one of those things. just pay a professional. it's cheap, done right, and warrantied. not the direct answer to your question but it's an answer.

menerso

2019 Raptor SCREW
Reaction score
Hate to be the odd man out, but I purchased some pre-cut tint for my Raptor and it was simple and it was good tint too. Just make sure you soak the window with water/soap.

I had my GT500 done by a professional because there was no way I was going to attempt to put tint on the back window. But just doing the drivers and passengers doors is super simple.

...then again, I am vinyl wrapping my whole truck too. :crazy:

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leave it to the professionals if you want it to look proper, unless you have previous experience.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having been a previous window tinter, I will share a few secrets.

1. Clean your garage. Dust everything, mop the floor. Fans work well with the doors open to help blow the dust and shit out of the place. (1. Shade, 2 less dust particles to get stuck in your window tint. No wind to blow dust onto your tint. You also want plenty of light.
2. Harbor Freight has a trim piece removal set of plastic tools. You want them.
3. Buy the cheapest paper towels you can find. I use Scott brand. Why? No little pieces of shit from the paper towel on your window. There isn't any dander on the cheap paper towels.
4. Razor blades. Get the 100 pack of replacement blades. When you get them, you want to dull one side by running it in circles on your window..key word. One side of the blade. Not the tip of the blade. Spray some of the foam cleaner on. Do the circles, get one side blunt. This is the blade that will use to clean your window.
5. Wash your damned car.
6. Ammonia based FOAM cleaner. (this is prep work)
7. In your squirt bottle to adhesive the tint to the window. Use dish washing soap.
8. Your Squeegee. You want this.
Amazon.com: 3M Hand Applicator Squeegee PA1-G Gold: Automotive

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya just find a company that does it, had a local company throw on 20% on the fronts for only 60 bucks with a lifetime warranty, completely worth it

OP
OP
Atticus

Atticus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having been a previous window tinter, I will share a few secrets.

1. Clean your garage. Dust everything, mop the floor. Fans work well with the doors open to help blow the dust and shit out of the place. (1. Shade, 2 less dust particles to get stuck in your window tint. No wind to blow dust onto your tint. You also want plenty of light.
2. Harbor Freight has a trim piece removal set of plastic tools. You want them.
3. Buy the cheapest paper towels you can find. I use Scott brand. Why? No little pieces of shit from the paper towel on your window. There isn't any dander on the cheap paper towels.
4. Razor blades. Get the 100 pack of replacement blades. When you get them, you want to dull one side by running it in circles on your window..key word. One side of the blade. Not the tip of the blade. Spray some of the foam cleaner on. Do the circles, get one side blunt. This is the blade that will use to clean your window.
5. Wash your damned car.
6. Ammonia based FOAM cleaner. (this is prep work)
7. In your squirt bottle to adhesive the tint to the window. Use dish washing soap.
8. Your Squeegee. You want this.
Amazon.com: 3M Hand Applicator Squeegee PA1-G Gold: Automotive

Thanks so much. I live on an island off MA, and there are not really any good tint guys out here that I know of. This is great advice. The snap tint is cut to your vehicle and comes with a prep kit. Can you take a look at it (first post link) and let me know if it is sufficient? The snap tint is already cut to fit your windows perfectly I think. I'm not sure if the adhesive is already on it or not. I'm only doing the front windows, and my brother has some experience using their products. Does this look about right?
1. clean out the garage
2. clean the truck, inside and out.
3. put truck in the garage.
4. dull razor blade ( on dry glass?)
5. clean window with razor blade, ammonia based foam cleaner, and cheap paper towels.
6. apply snap tint with prep kit.

Let me knwo what you think. Thanks again.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much. I live on an island off MA, and there are not really any good tint guys out here that I know of. This is great advice. The snap tint is cut to your vehicle and comes with a prep kit. Can you take a look at it (first post link) and let me know if it is sufficient? The snap tint is already cut to fit your windows perfectly I think. I'm not sure if the adhesive is already on it or not. I'm only doing the front windows, and my brother has some experience using their products. Does this look about right?
1. clean out the garage
2. clean the truck, inside and out.
3. put truck in the garage.
4. dull razor blade ( on dry glass?)
5. clean window with razor blade, ammonia based foam cleaner, and cheap paper towels.
6. apply snap tint with prep kit.

Let me know what you think. Thanks again.
4. Dull razor on wet glass. You use the razor to get all the shit off the window. Window Sticker Tape, road crap, bird shit ect. They all leave a residue. You want that glass almost surgical. The dull razor blade keeps you from scratching your glass up.

My 2 cents: I do not know anything about Snap Tint. There directions are pretty good, (I didn't watch the video) but lacking in explanation of "WHY". I would ask them what brand of tint they are using. "I" will not have anything installed that is not a 3M tint. After 3-5 years, all the cheap tint bubbles appear & the tint starts peeling. It looks like shit. Now to remove tint and have it redone...some tinters won't even do it. Others will charge more than what it costs (2-3 times)to install your tint. It is that big of deal (that whole cleaning aspect of applying). Especially the rear defog windows. OMFG..what a nightmare because you have to get all that adhesive off without touching any of the defog lines. "I" wouldn't do it either. This is one of those cases of "don't go cheap and do it right the first time".

Now...when you do get a dust bubble in your tint. Have a heat gun handy. Do NOT overheat the tint and melt it. Just get it warm/hot then let it cool down (same method in applying vinyl to a car). Usually the bubble will disappear.

Hope this helps!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we use solar guard at my work. this is what i have on my vehicles because this film blocks out heat.

Window Tint | Automotive | Solar Gard Ultra Performance

a bit expensive but next time you are sitting in traffic and the sun is hot as hell...... you wont know

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

also 3m does not make the window film. they only make the adhesive for the film. yes they have their own line but the film comes from another company