Sliders and Skid Plates, oh my! (WARNING: Pic Heavy!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is an old one for sure, but it sealed the deal for me to put the skid plates on my wish list. Time slipped by and last year I won a aluminum trans skid from Chris at freedom motorsports in one of the raffles for Averys assistance dog. As you can imagine I could not have one cool skid butting up to the plain stk stuff so I bought the engine and transfer case to go with the trans plate all in aluminum.

I don't do heavy rock crawling so the aluminum is great and a little lighter and they have held to the MI salt very well. I don't notice any difference in trans temps or any adverse affects. The only gripe I have is I have to remove the trans plate to do the oil change to keep from having a mini Valdez.

I just bought all the sizes (4 funnel set) from form-a-funnel to see if I can drain without removing the skid these bendable funnels might be the ticket. formafunnel.com

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
This is an old one for sure, but it sealed the deal for me to put the skid plates on my wish list. Time slipped by and last year I won a aluminum trans skid from Chris at freedom motorsports in one of the raffles for Averys assistance dog. As you can imagine I could not have one cool skid butting up to the plain stk stuff so I bought the engine and transfer case to go with the trans plate all in aluminum.

I don't do heavy rock crawling so the aluminum is great and a little lighter and they have held to the MI salt very well. I don't notice any difference in trans temps or any adverse affects. The only gripe I have is I have to remove the trans plate to do the oil change to keep from having a mini Valdez.

I just bought all the sizes (4 funnel set) from form-a-funnel to see if I can drain without removing the skid these bendable funnels might be the ticket. formafunnel.com

I can confirm, the form-a-funnel does help, but I still got some on the plate. I just took some brake cleaner to it and then blew it out with an air hose to clean-up.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can confirm, the form-a-funnel does help, but I still got some on the plate. I just took some brake cleaner to it and then blew it out with an air hose to clean-up.

What color/size was the form a funnel you used? I am a clean freak so the first time was a complete mess, no funnel and I hoped the stream of oil would hit the hole. So an extensive clean up was done next time I just removed the plate to much work for me each time.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
What color/size was the form a funnel you used? I am a clean freak so the first time was a complete mess, no funnel and I hoped the stream of oil would hit the hole. So an extensive clean up was done next time I just removed the plate to much work for me each time.

14.5" x 6.5"

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score