Show off your latest pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cpetes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! and I liked the look of the grey and ruby rather than going all ruby just because I wanted to stay with an original look and not something that would make it look like a "show truck".

Well to sum it all up instead of type a long ass story on here is that back in June of this year I was run off the road on a two way street. the truck was exiting a trail and wasnt checking for any oncoming traffic, in this case me. So I was left to make a quick decision, either hit the guy (t-bone) or just go off the road into the bushes and stop in the dirt, rocks, etc. so I made the choice of going off to the side. After making the decision I didnt realize that off to the side was a little dried up canal about 3ft high so of course I ended up hitting and took a pretty good hit. To make things worse the guy didn't stop to check on me or on the situation, so when I had to report it to the insurance of course I had to file with the insurance as a colision and had to pay the deductable because there was no proof that there was somone who ran me off of the road.

In the end with all repairs said and done I had to have the following replaced.
*full frame swap
*full bed replacement
*driver seat belt replaced
*air bag sensors replaced
*passenger seat components replaced
*aftermarket front bumper replaced
*tail gate replaced
*dent in cab made by contact of the bed was corrected
*truck repainted (change in color choice made by me)
*steering rack and pinion replaced
*power steering fully replaced
*intercooler replaced

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

thanks!!

Dang dude, that sounds like a pretty nasty hit. Glad to hear you got everything back to where you ultimately want it. Truck looks killer!

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh damn! Sorry to hear about all that. Sounds like a ****** situation! Thankfully you weren't hurt. Really sucks when people run from responsibility though.

Truck looks awesome man! Great choice with the Ruby and Grey. I've gotten to the point now too that keeping a resemblance of stock is still a good thing. Have always liked the Ruby especially with a stock feel. Really nice balance with the fenders giving it the tough feel along with the somewhat stock look.

So are you going to dovetail it? I mean...it is in your user name

Yeah thankfully all I ended up with was a sore neck from impact but technically yes nothing happened to me. it was frustrating as hell but we cant always control the situation. Thanks im very pleased with how the look came out and that the colors ended up matching well. I do have to take the truck back to the shop to get minor things fixed with the paint and also to get some things reset on the truck.

once I am completely done with the shop I will be doint the dovetail again and also throwing all of my SVC goodies back on the truck.

I have always stuck to the stock look, as far as the body. I'm into the sleek look and not into the over kill of lights and bulky bumpers and all that it just makes the truck heavy. everyone has their preferance and thats just what mine happens to be, I dont want anyone to think I am hating or bashing whoever the look may apply to cause im not. people will spend thier money how they wish and they have every right to. just stating my opinion.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Dang dude, that sounds like a pretty nasty hit. Glad to hear you got everything back to where you ultimately want it. Truck looks killer!

yea it didnt feel so bad when I hit but after seeing the damage is when I realized it was. thankfully its all good now and no issues and thankfully looks good too. thank you

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always stuck to the stock look, as far as the body. I'm into the sleek look and not into the over kill of lights and bulky bumpers and all that it just makes the truck heavy. everyone has their preferance and thats just what mine happens to be, I dont want anyone to think I am hating or bashing whoever the look may apply to cause im not. people will spend thier money how they wish and they have every right to. just stating my opinion.

Right there with ya. I agree to each their own and different areas and conditions require different things...but I love the sleak and clean look.

Can't wait to see the truck with SVC bumpers and dovetailed! Make sure to post pics! Very good lucking truck man!

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right there with ya. I agree to each their own and different areas and conditions require different things...but I love the sleak and clean look.

Can't wait to see the truck with SVC bumpers and dovetailed! Make sure to post pics! Very good lucking truck man!

thanks man I really apprecte that, i will be sure to post pics once i get everything on there!

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
just got my truck back so I decided to take a pic when I was leaving work the other day.

Reading your story it now makes sense. When I saw you profile pic the other day I thought i was going nuts because I could have sworn your truck was blue lol. I thought you bought a new truck since the dovetail was gone also. Good color choice the truck looks sweet and I'm glad everything worked out.

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading your story it now makes sense. When I saw you profile pic the other day I thought i was going nuts because I could have sworn your truck was blue lol. I thought you bought a new truck since the dovetail was gone also. Good color choice the truck looks sweet and I'm glad everything worked out.

lol Yeah I figured I should change the profile pic too being that its no longer blue but also give the reason why as well so that it would make more sense. and thank you very much its awesome to see that people other than myself ended up loving the color as much as I did, and im very glad that everything turned out good.