GEN 2 Shock leak - warranty covers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I got a leaking front shock on my 2019 with Fox Live Valve shocks. I’m at 16k miles and just under a year of ownership.

does anybody know if this is covered under warranty? Definitively or dependent on dealer willingness?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you post a picture? Some light seepage on the shocks is normal, but if it’s dripping wet, then it should be covered under warranty.

OP
OP
Tr4ckD4ys

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See attached vid. A friend of mine who has an offroad shop and works on raptors and wranglers sent me this today morning. He was about to put the RPG collars on but hesitated when he saw it. We wiped it down and dried it up but apparently it’s still seeping a bit after test driving. You can see on the fingers that they’re a bit covered after touching the strut.
I’m going to have the dealer have a look at it anyway, but wanted to prepare for what to expect. Are they gonna fight me on it?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
See attached vid. A friend of mine who has an offroad shop and works on raptors and wranglers sent me this today morning. He was about to put the RPG collars on but hesitated when he saw it. We wiped it down and dried it up but apparently it’s still seeping a bit after test driving. You can see on the fingers that they’re a bit covered after touching the strut.
I’m going to have the dealer have a look at it anyway, but wanted to prepare for what to expect. Are they gonna fight me on it?

That does look pretty wet. If they can verify the leaking fluid it shouldn’t be an issue, especially if the others are bone dry.

OP
OP
Tr4ckD4ys

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t recognized any difference in drive comfort, surprisingly, however, if it’s leaking (no oil can be found on floor below the shocks), is this something that prohibits me from driving the truck? Would the dealer ask me to keep in service until replacement arrives?