SCAB vs SCREW TOWING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I occasionally rent a Skid Steer or Mini Excavator. My 05 Titan has no issues. I am a little concerned about the 8K vs 9500K capacity difference. Again its only occasional, a couple or few times a year...But I bet a simple skid steer or mini set up with trailer pushes that 8K limit....
That's prob not such a big deal if it's occasional and short trips -however my boat trailer weighs 7500-8000 lbs, and car hauler will be about 6500lbs. I'll be towing the car hauler 2-3 hours regularly for track days, and the boat very occasionally..but I dont need to be pulled over by motor carrier enforcement for being over the limit..6000 is pretty low.

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's prob not such a big deal if it's occasional and short trips -however my boat trailer weighs 7500-8000 lbs, and car hauler will be about 6500lbs. I'll be towing the car hauler 2-3 hours regularly for track days, and the boat very occasionally..but I dont need to be pulled over by motor carrier enforcement for being over the limit..6000 is pretty low.

Not to mention your liability should you get into an accident. That's the part that might scare me the most.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when did you place your order? The 6000/8000 specs have been on Ford's site since at least the end of October.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know the story but it sounds like maybe your dealer made some promises about the towing capacity that he can't stand behind and now is trying to cover his butt. Honestly, it seems like your best move now is to just order a SCREW and wait it out. Your dealer shouldn't have any trouble selling or trading the truck you've already ordered so he shouldn't give you any flack about it especially if it's partly his fault.

Vince

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can we just go ahead and say that no raptor is truly made for towing. The suspension bottoms out too easy for heavy towing. Keep the raptor in the off road and get a beater F250 or F350 for towing. Whats next? Raptors with snow plows?