Running with only Parking lights during day?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok does anyone have a way to do this without FORScan?

You could* do it without forscan but why when its so easy with it. You just need an $80 Bluetooth obd, laptop running Windows and join the forum and apply for the 3 month license that is free (and can be renewed)

Note-i did do it with a $10 Bluetooth obd from Amazon but i have purchased 3 more (for friends) and the other 3 didnt work...amazon returned.
Best to get the one that is recommended...that way if you have an issue you know its not that
Also some of the cheap ones wont recognize all the modules

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forscan

You could* do it without forscan but why when its so easy with it. You just need an $80 Bluetooth obd, laptop running Windows and join the forum and apply for the 3 month license that is free (and can be renewed)

Note-i did do it with a $10 Bluetooth obd from Amazon but i have purchased 3 more (for friends) and the other 3 didnt work...amazon returned.
Best to get the one that is recommended...that way if you have an issue you know its not that
Also some of the cheap ones wont recognize all the modules

Not interested in Forscan, I know it's easy to do but I've been there done that and would rather do it another way.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not interested in Forscan, I know it's easy to do but I've been there done that and would rather do it another way.

What you want to splice in wires? I don't get it. So easy you literally just change a code

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forscan

What you want to splice in wires? I don't get it. So easy you literally just change a code

Maybe a plug in jumper?

Forscan is detectable in IDS and can void your warranty, not saying that it will happen but Ford is super picky and I have seen them void warrantys many times! Just not worth doing IMO.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe a plug in jumper?

Forscan is detectable in IDS and can void your warranty, not saying that it will happen but Ford is super picky and I have seen them void warrantys many times! Just not worth doing IMO.

"The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act says that Ford could not deny your warranty claim unless it could prove the modification you did with FORScan was the cause of the warranty issue."

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Or you could just turn the dial[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha [emoji23]

OP
OP
R

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have the factory service manual for the electronics on the truck. Traced the switch to Module in passenger kick panel, conn& pin#, jumpered the fogs on and the headlights came on too, I jumpered the headlights off, turned off the truck and the lights didnt go off!

I un jumpered everything and they still would nt go off even with the switch in the off position and the truck off and locked!

theres some strange logic goin on in the modules that isnt called out in the point to point connection diagram. You also stand a good chance of smoking a module as they are FET switching which are very susceptible to static and wrong current flow.

Luckily it reset to factory after a week of not being right....I'm doin it with FORSCAN tonight as I just rcvd mu bluetooth OBD and registered for extended lic.

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forscan

I have the factory service manual for the electronics on the truck. Traced the switch to Module in passenger kick panel, conn& pin#, jumpered the fogs on and the headlights came on too, I jumpered the headlights off, turned off the truck and the lights didnt go off!

I un jumpered everything and they still would nt go off even with the switch in the off position and the truck off and locked!

theres some strange logic goin on in the modules that isnt called out in the point to point connection diagram. You also stand a good chance of smoking a module as they are FET switching which are very susceptible to static and wrong current flow.

Luckily it reset to factory after a week of not being right....I'm doin it with FORSCAN tonight as I just rcvd mu bluetooth OBD and registered for extended lic.

Well if it can't be done? I won't do it, I'm sure it can be done in IDS but everything is so new and the techs haven't figured it out yet. I'm not a fan of anything that would void your warranty so no Forscan for me.

OP
OP
R

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before any one Forscans you back up all the modules (code) as it was built, if you have to take it in you reload the orig code and the Shop never knows the code was altered.... no chance of warranty issue doing that way