RTFM. Yeah, Yeah, I know, but answer anyway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This may be the dumbest, simplest question in the history of car forums. In every car I've owned it's been the easiest thing to accomplish but I can't figure it out in the Raptor. How the h*ll do you get the interior lights to come on when opening the doors and obviously go off automatically?

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you say by the dome light, do you mean the button that turns them on?

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So how do you disable the map lights on a gen1? I know how to turn off the rear lights to not come on when you open the doors but can you get the map lights to not come on?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So how do you disable the map lights on a gen1? I know how to turn off the rear lights to not come on when you open the doors but can you get the map lights to not come on?
not unless you do what i did. i interrupted the wire going to the front lights and ran it through a switch. i normally keep them off. when we are out in the desert the damn bugs are attracted to the lights and i got tired of dealing with them. plus i slept in my truck a lot back then and hated the lights coming on when i opened the door at 2 am to píss out a 1/2gallon of beer out the back door so i put them on a switch and now they dont turn on when you open a door. did this probably 7 years ago. every now and then i need light up front but only when i dropped my 8ball on the floor