Roush Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheTip247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know why you couldnt have a local muffler shop make and bend a piece of pipe to exit out the side and put the Roush tips on. Wouldnt think it would cost that much to have it done. I just ordered the Roush kit myself even though Im not real fond of the rear exit. Figured I would give it a shot, and change it if I have to.

mwright4679

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know why you couldnt have a local muffler shop make and bend a piece of pipe to exit out the side and put the Roush tips on. Wouldnt think it would cost that much to have it done. I just ordered the Roush kit myself even though Im not real fond of the rear exit. Figured I would give it a shot, and change it if I have to.

That is the plan.... Ill try to take pics as its getting done...

Saber22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the guy you're having do the install knows "anything" about mufflers...he should have no difficulty making the exhaust modifications you want. All it usually takes is "time" and "money". A friend of mine installed a "magnaflo" system on his sierra a few years ago...and although it looked great with his "own modifications"...the first time he went off-road, he modified it a little more by ripping about 50% of it off the truck. Of course, you could always return the Roush system and purchase a different muffler which "does" exit the side (the borla system works, and they are a pretty good product). I think Roush gets a lot of push for our Raptor upgrades because they are recognized by Ford as an "accepted vendor"...one which Ford has personal experience with (I suppose that means they are "sanctioned" in some way...if that is the correct reference...). In any event, good luck with the mod and let us know what happens.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just make sure any shop you are having bend pipes for you is actually using a mandrel bender, and quality s/s pipe. You don't want to hack up a nice exhaust system by modifying with inferior material and improper bends.

If the shop doesn't have a mandrel bender, it will product a compressed area in the bend rather than stretching the metal through the bend properly.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The reason I dont already have this exhaust is the fact they dont offer a side exit. Dont like the rear exit.