Rims and tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
compared to stokker the duratracs kick butt. better mpg 120 mph ratting but that is all I can compare. I think the ride is better imo from stalkers too.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Methods will make you "blend" in. Everyone has them. If you want to stand out from the rest i suggest looks at some made in the U.S quality rims or even beadlocks for the true offroad look and usage if you do plan to off road.
as for tires. duratracs look like my wore down nitto trailgrapplers at 10% tread left. Word of advice dont go 20" rims... i got my 20's for a really good deal so i couldnt pass up when i bought the truck. alongside 35" trail grapplers. Didnt like the rims or the tires... my trail grapplers wore down 40,000KM.
So i was looking at beadlocks from method and they are made in china as well as KMC enduro beadlocks too which have bolt problems, as in bolts stripping the aluminium.
Pro AM's are the nicest they go for 7 bills each rim that i couldnt afford so i went a step lower and still made in the USA. Trailready HD beadlocks... 17x8.5. High quality solid craftmanship. Ive seen them on alot of jeep events here in ontario and it is a very good rim, i saw them on rock crawlers and if those rims could handle that... I gotta get them!

as for tires i went with 37" mickey thompson baja claw TTC..... which is a radial
Apperantly the orginal baja claw in smallest size is 38.5

trailready-wheels-new-forged-aluminum-17-inch-beadlock.jpg

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
they make mickey thompson for the stalk rims but I went with practical over looks this time. I actually like the stalk rims but I've only ever had hub caps before lol.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pat, those are sick! Just a little out of my price range.

I was talking about the 37's, Pat, the 37's!

And most importantly, thank you for your service!

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha yea I figured you were talkin about the tires they are pricey but I'm really surprised they've lasted a very long time even with all the off road use I've put on them I'm definitely buying these toyos again I'm just debating on keeping the 37's or maybe dropping back down to 35's cause I only have the baby 5.4L haha and my mpg SUCK!!

thanks I'm proud to defend this country for kind folks like you it's good to see that there are still people out there that support us! Without your support we wouldn't have the will or motivation to do what we do everyday

OP
OP
Bnewell101

Bnewell101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pic Wilson. Spells it true lol. The problem I run in to is I don't spend much time offloading so what I'm looking for is the in between of the offload and the usability. I don't want to buy tires only to have them wear down extremely fast from being on the highway. As for the rims I'm planning on staying stock size I'm not sure on how big I wanted to jump.