Retrofitted LED Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I finally started some R&D on LED Sequential tail lights. One thing that I'm sure will be the MAJOR hurtle is preventing Hyper Flash.
I will also try and offer plain LED turn signals as well.
So I tried to open these the same way as headlights and found out they were fused together.
So I tried using a Hot knife and that was making more of a mess then I wanted but I finally got them open.
Been working on getting some high end LED's for these with a jaw drop price tag.
DAMN things are just not cheap any more.
Well these will be a 2 section 3 strip sequential with side LED markers built in.
Gonna make these tinted as well but will also offer regular lenses as an option.

Thoughts?
Suggestions?
Concerns?
Let's here it.

#1 Tinted, high end LED, bright back up LED....This is a great idea!!!

#2 maybe an exchange program to help keep the cost down

#3 I want them on my Raptor now and can't have them!!!

Can't wait to get tail lights to match my sweet RSIWorks headlights!

smcox1

Reaction score
Can't you change the flasher to an led flasher module and then you won't have hyper flash?

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah found that out as well...very annoying...I refuse to run resistors either...one would think with the benefits of LEDs and the Green movement...Ford would be all over the swap...I am surprised it is not an option package either?

smcox1

Reaction score
You can also get a resistor and run it connected to the light harness, all plug and play no splicing.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
You can also get a resistor and run it connected to the light harness, all plug and play no splicing.

I've used several different load resistors and with little success.
Worked on some trucks and others not so much.

IMG_2473_zpse594ac40.jpg

The new style of load resistors you could say are marker lights in parallel.

IMG_2474_zps2e0a6215.jpg
IMG_2470_zps74fccfe0.jpg
IMG_2471_zps46e784f9.jpg
IMG_2472_zps573c7186.jpg

I can swap out the bulbs for different watt ratings to adjust the resistance value. It's been working great so far except for 1 truck for some reason it didn't work.
Benefit of this is less heat compared to the regular load resistors and easier to adjust the resistance.

Last edited:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is frustrating...how about freaking hand signals like motorcycle guys?

If it is in the computer is it something that could be adjusted for in the tune? Or have someway to trick the computer directly...