Report: General Motors Won't Accelerate Release of Next-Gen Full-Size Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
6a00d83451b3c669e20120a8c5f773970b-800wi.jpgWith higher prices at the pump, General Motors CEO Dan Akerson said the automaker has no plans to speed up the debut of its next-generation full-size pickup trucks.

More...

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh well-----guess we will just have to wait. Will be driving my Raptor until the new Chevy comes out. If I don't like it better than what Ford SVT is building at that time then too bad for GM. Sold my 09 LTZ 6.2 for the Raptor and so far am pretty happy!

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh well-----guess we will just have to wait. Will be driving my Raptor until the new Chevy comes out. If I don't like it better than what Ford SVT is building at that time then too bad for GM. Sold my 09 LTZ 6.2 for the Raptor and so far am pretty happy!

You have a Raptor and if you like the new GM pickups better then you'll jump? Hmmm. Well, if you sold an '09 for the Raptor then I guess losing more money on vehicles isn't much of a concern (good for you :thumbsup: ).

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well there were many problems with the 09 Chevy. Bearing in the front axle went out the 2 rear mains, 1 oil pan because it was leaking and the biggest was a cracked wrist pin bushing on #8 that the top and bottom end were taken apart while looking for the source of the noise. I run a truck about 40k a year travelling to NM and to shooting competitions so the truck is more of a tool to me.

The Chevy was the 1st gas truck I have had in 20 years because the EPA has made running oil burners no fun anymore. Hopefully I will have better luck with this Ford than the last one because it is the most comfortable on and off road that I have had. Kind of glad that the Power Wagon cannot be ordered with leather because for what I do off road it is more capable than the Raptor BUT on the road the Raptor is magnificent and save the clunk issue has been perfect so far.