Report: 2019 F-150 Raptor To Receive Ford’s New 7.0L DOHC V8 Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL, now you are bragging about daily driving your 700hp Raptor around at 1,500 RPM. Sounds like the worst of both worlds to me. Horrible gas milage and super low output. What do you get out of those 125hp @ 1,500, 6mpg?

Did you just say gas mileage? I didn't think you could get any dumber than when you posted about Dodge making a good engine. Guess I was wrong. :ROFLJest:

The output below 2500, where the vast majority of driving occurs, is literally multiples of yours. And it will only get worse for you if you actually try to get any real power out of that little engine. You're going to get even more massive boost lag with bigger turbos. Very disappointing. With my power level I can't go around "flogging" the truck, it's way too powerful for that. You've got a very slow truck, so I understand that you like to drive it really hard a lot. It would be boring otherwise. And since it's so slow nobody really notices you're getting on it. My truck is in a completely different league. Also, mine is fun to drive even when you're taking it easy, which I always do on the street. It's got tons of torque, instant throttle response, and it sounds awesome. I don't feel the need to go around showing everybody that it's not stock. I don't drive like you little 2 fast 2 furious boys. Be honest. Have you ever done a ricer fly by?

By the way, I said over 700 horsepower. Get it right.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you just say gas mileage? I didn't think you could get any dumber than when you posted about Dodge making a good engine. Guess I was wrong. :ROFLJest:

The output below 2500, where the vast majority of driving occurs, is literally multiples of yours. And it will only get worse for you if you actually try to get any real power out of that little engine. You're going to get even more massive boost lag with bigger turbos. Very disappointing. With my power level I can't go around "flogging" the truck, it's way too powerful for that. You've got a very slow truck, so I understand that you like to drive it really hard a lot. It would be boring otherwise. And since it's so slow nobody really notices you're getting on it. My truck is in a completely different league. Also, mine is fun to drive even when you're taking it easy, which I always do on the street. It's got tons of torque, instant throttle response, and it sounds awesome. I don't feel the need to go around showing everybody that it's not stock. I don't drive like you little 2 fast 2 furious boys. Be honest. Have you ever done a ricer fly by?

But it was a dog before you spent around $7k to add forced induction.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d say 70hp and 150ft/lbs with a tune, intercooler, and intake is pretty tunable. Add some $150 turbo adapters and there’s another 30-40hp

Fair enough. But all these Ford Marketing nutswingers told us the truck was going to have a detuned version of the Ford GT engine that was going to make over 600 RWHP with just a 2JZ toon.

It most definitely has not lived up to the hype.

But it was a dog before you spent around $7k to add forced induction.

Still had double the low end torque of your Taurus motor, though. Also more reliable and durable. Like a truck motor should be.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still had double the low end torque of your Taurus motor, though. Also more reliable and durable. Like a truck motor should be.

I haven't seen the torque curve of the H.O. ecoboost but the gen1 3.5 Ecoboost had more low end torque than the 6.2

full-14237-18067-austincobra_albums_ecoboost_picture60378_torquecurves.jpg

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't seen the torque curve of the H.O. ecoboost but the gen1 3.5 Ecoboost had more low end torque than the 6.2

Must have had tiny turbos to spool quick or something. No such luck with the torque less wonder "HO".

And again, this only gets worse when you 2JZ types go looking for big boy power levels...

shot_136__627efc30d2d4b0e30bad5ff534d47eec167d2d50.png

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You can cherry pick your desired RPM range all you want. The fact of the matter is that the 3.5EB outperforms the 6.2 Coyote. When you're passing, racing, accelerating, you know... All the times you actually NEED power, you're above 2500 RPMs.

Your point about majority of driving occurs at or below 2500rpms is a self serving argument. That's a cruising RPM, so as long as you're making enough power to maintain your cruising speed, you're good. The 3.5EB makes power where you actually need it.

So, in closing, congratulations for making more power where you don't need it but I'll go ahead and take the car making more power where you do.

Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can cherry pick your desired RPM range all you want. The fact of the matter is that the 3.5EB outperforms the 6.2 Coyote. When you're passing, racing, accelerating, you know... All the times you actually NEED power, you're above 2500 RPMs.

Your point about majority of driving occurs at or below 2500rpms is a self serving argument. That's a cruising RPM, so as long as you're making enough power to maintain your cruising speed, you're good. The 3.5EB makes power where you actually need it.

So, in closing, congratulations for making more power where you don't need it but I'll go ahead and take the car making more power where you do.

Cherry pick. :ROFLJest:

Power where you need it = power where your engine spends the vast majority of its life. Nothing more annoying than needing to downshift 4 gears to make a pass. What a joke.

And it's not a Coyote. It's a Boss.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cherry pick. :ROFLJest:

Power where you need it = power where your engine spends the vast majority of its life. Nothing more annoying than needing to downshift 4 gears to make a pass. What a joke.

And it's not a Coyote. It's a Boss.

Wrong. Why do you need to make more power at curising speeds? Please explain.

If I race a Gen 1 raptor from a roll, both our vehicles downshift, the 10 speed can skip multiple gears, and I pull away. Please explain how the gen 1 loses this race if it's making power where it's most important? In fact, please let me know in what scenario a Gen 1 wins a race?

Lets see how utterly retarded your arguments for losing can get.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Power where you need it = power where your engine spends the vast majority of its life.

So, I just noticed while using my computer, that the processor down clocks when its largely in an idle state, which is where most computers spend most of their time. The clock speed ramped up when I asked it to perform a task for me.

I think you should send Intel and email, and let them know they got it backwards. While you're at it. Email Qualcomm and Samsung too, their mobile SOC's work similarly and hence, are doing it all wrong as well.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

If I race a Gen 1 raptor from a roll, both our vehicles downshift, the 10 speed can skip multiple gears, and I pull away. Please explain how the gen 1 loses this race if it's making power where it's most important? In fact, please let me know in what scenario a Gen 1 wins a race?

Dude. Seriously? You need to make power at cruising RPM so you can drive around and make passes (and tow things and do truck stuff) without upshifting and downshifting all the time to keep your Taurus motor in its power band.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

So, I just noticed while using my computer, that the processor down clocks when its largely in an idle state, which is where most computers spend most of their time. The clock speed ramped up when I asked it to perform a task for me.

I think you should send Intel and email, and let them know they got it backwards. While you're at it. Email Qualcomm and Samsung too, their mobile SOC's work similarly and hence, are doing it all wrong as well.

:ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

Dude now thinks trucks are computers...

:specialed:

You shouldn't have made that edit, bro.

If your computer was more powerful it wouldn't have needed to ramp up to perform a simple task.

:win:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude. Seriously? You need to make power at cruising RPM so you can drive around and make passes (and tow things and do truck stuff) without upshifting and downshifting all the time to keep your Taurus motor in its power band.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

:ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

Dude now thinks trucks are computers...

:specialed:

You shouldn't have made that edit, bro.

If your computer was more powerful it wouldn't have needed to ramp up to perform a simple task.

:win:

So your only argument is shifting? hahaha, that's it? Shifting? nothing else? I've seen plenty of towing videos with the 6.2 and it still shifts. Not only does it shift, the shifts are harsher because the ratios are further apart than on the 10 speed used on the Gen2.

So there it is, your only argument is a non-starter. Try again.