Removing stock exhaust.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocknron

Reaction score
Just got home after being away for a month and time to stick some online shopping on the new Raptor. I plan on installing my Metal Mulisha exhaust today and had a look over the instructions, the first thing it says to do is cut the stock exhaust behind the muffler to be able to remove it. Was just wondering if it is possible to be removed without cutting if it was on a lift or spare tire was remove etc.....I usually try to sell the stock parts to make a couple bucks back after installing the new stuff. I'll try posting some pic's and vids once it's installed as I didn't find a lot of detailed reviews on the exhaust before I bought it.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Put it on a lift or jackstand's under the frame. If you can hang the rear axle, the whole thing will slip off in one piece. Use handsoap to lube the rubber hangars.

OP
OP
R

Rocknron

Reaction score
Sounds good, I figured it would slide out in one piece but thought Gibson's instruction's were probably to make it as easy as possible for someone in their driveway.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I unbolted at the flange before the resonator. It takes some finagling even with the ass end lifted up but you'll get it. Drop the spare too, that'll give you more room.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
You can drop the spare tire too if lifting the body isn't enough clearance.

treatcg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropping the spare and removing the tips made it pretty easy for me. I also jacked the rear end up a bit.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the metal mulisha on my 2011, all I did was place a 4x4 block on top of my hyd jack plate and jacked it up under the trailer hitch , untill the suspension was fully unloaded, then pulled it out in one piece.

blclay24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disconnected the resonator then jacked er up a bit.. Got it to come out with some wiggling..
I also had another set of hands under there.. Which helped a lot..