RECON Smoked LED lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
im just still baffled why they are putting a incorrect wiring harness instructions out with a product......if they know theres a problem yet havent addressed it with the sent instructions thats a problem......seems the quality control has lost control i for one wanted the smoked third brake light but after reading this thread im pretty much not a fan of recon nor will i most likely be doing business with them ....time to search for alternatives

sharpertouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i couldnt agree more. y would recon let this go for so long? i was litterally about to purchase from them. good thing i checked the forum first.
any other input on other brands? looking for smoked/led setups.

M1919A2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im just still baffled why they are putting a incorrect wiring harness instructions out with a product......if they know theres a problem yet havent addressed it with the sent instructions thats a problem......seems the quality control has lost control i for one wanted the smoked third brake light but after reading this thread im pretty much not a fan of recon nor will i most likely be doing business with them ....time to search for alternatives

Did any of you guys check WHERE they were made - CHINA - I'll bet and that is WHY they aint working/installation worth a damn - DEMAND made in USA and hold then HOLD USA feet to fire. IMHO (like hell!)

ShiftyCapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did any of you guys check WHERE they were made - CHINA - I'll bet and that is WHY they aint working/installation worth a damn - DEMAND made in USA and hold then HOLD USA feet to fire. IMHO (like hell!)

English muthafucka....do you speak it? :sorrysign:

Great link by 6.2. I'm thinking about maybe trying them out. Prices are much more appealing than RECON and if their quality is better, then it's a no-brainer...

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I wish I would have read this thread before last night, I ordered a Recon 3rd brakelight earlier this week and got it last night, tried to wire it with their fail instructions and in fact blew my fuse and all that fun stuff, thanks to Greg and this thread now when I get off work Ima try to get it to work now, not a fan of recon at all but there sadly really arent any other options for the 3rd brake light unless you just wrap your stock brakelight.

dolfanatic1399

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I wish I would have read this thread before last night, I ordered a Recon 3rd brakelight earlier this week and got it last night, tried to wire it with their fail instructions and in fact blew my fuse and all that fun stuff, thanks to Greg and this thread now when I get off work Ima try to get it to work now, not a fan of recon at all but there sadly really arent any other options for the 3rd brake light unless you just wrap your stock brakelight.

I tinted my 3rd brake light. Looks factory and still have use of the DOT required led's. A can of nightshades and clearcoat will make it look real nice.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tinted my 3rd brake light. Looks factory and still have use of the DOT required led's. A can of nightshades and clearcoat will make it look real nice.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

how long has it been since you initially did this ? Have you run into any fading problems ?