Rear Facing Amber Install...Pics and some notes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't write my question properly. DO you have pics of the bolt that is holding the "L" bracket to the bed rail, under the plastic cap, after you grinded it down? Does that bolt/nut touch the plastic bed cap, or is there some clearance between the plastic bed rail cap and the bed?

If I press down on the plastic cap, I can feel the bolt. So, there may be a tiny bit of clearance, but not much. Before I shortened the bolt, I could get the bed rail cap back on, but it bulged up where the bolt was. None of that now and all the clips snap back in and the cap fits properly from what I can tell.

Thanks,
Phy

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally wired this sucker up and put quick disconnects on it so I can remove it when not in use (and hide the loom of wires).

3346gcw.jpg

rierle.jpg

ieo7kh.jpg

dza0df.jpg

vwb9v.jpg

2is38g.jpg

301gd5g.jpg

1gkk1c.jpg

D

Deleted member 12951

Considering how much bed flexing, those seem they will be smacking the cab. Coming from someone who already has a few bed kisses on the cab.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I'd use a different bracket, more of a U type bracket and mount the light on top of it to prevent any bed contact. We'll see what I decide to do. Thinking I'm going to use these Whelen Micro Pioneers as my rear facing ambers.