RaptorAddict Phase 4 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RaptorAddict.com

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well how's progress coming there bud?

Progress on what?....... Oh, I almost forgot I own a Raptor.

Well, coming along good, she still wont make Raptoberfest. If it was, then it would be a rush job. Been waiting too patiently for too long to rush at the very end. The project is lingering due to crazy me wanting to add and tweak things on the truck. It just got back to SVC from Ford yesterday after being reprogrammed. Her first time being fired up is about 6 months. The long travel suspension parts are being welded up as we speak and the front shocks are being built. Going with a 2.5" Coilover with an external 3.5" Bypass.

As of now I am doing some modifications to the bedsides. Instead of cutting the dovetail and leaving the edge, I am adding some touch to look like factory. In the middle of the filling and sanding stages at the moment. Here you see just the raw fiberglass added. I'll be posting more pics soon.

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

f5.jpg

OP
OP
RaptorAddict.com

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nice. That's the way the dove tail should be done. I wish Boatec would just do that with their Quarter panels. Looks fantastic man. Might have to order them and have you fab them like that.

I agree. I want to say 95% of the bedsides ordered are dovetailed. Might as well incorporate a clean, factory look while they're at it. The contour where the bumper wraps around the side will have to stay. I flattened mine cause the bumper we have is set inside. But yes, if anyone needs this done, I can take care of it. Even with stock beds. We just use sheet metal instead of glass.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i hope you have time for this. doesnt your wife think you are actually doing work and not working on your own truck? oh if she only knew... right? haha

oh yeah, just wanted to say

CONGRATULATIONS KIRK ON YOUR NEWBORN

now the whole world knows

OP
OP
RaptorAddict.com

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i hope you have time for this. doesnt your wife think you are actually doing work and not working on your own truck? oh if she only knew... right? haha

oh yeah, just wanted to say

CONGRATULATIONS KIRK ON YOUR NEWBORN

now the whole world knows

Thanks buddy! Yeah she knows all about me doing work on the truck. She actually feels bad that I've been without it for 15 months. She actually remembers me being a nicer person when I had it too. Lol!!! Been a grouch ever since.