Raptor Wanna Be

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
Man that's a nice ranger!!! Sometimes I wish I had a TTB setup instead of the torsion bar IFS setup

But thankfully there's a few options for LT for me :)

Uhhhhh. Don't urs have radius arms and coil springs like rangers ? Or do the canada one do it different ?

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

I don't own a Raptor, currently I only admire them greatly. I off road in a PrepByJake Ranger Prerunner (1994 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4x4 - Off Road Magazine). I was the 2003 SCORE sportsman buggy champ in a 2-1600 Lothringer. I pit the SCORE Baja races with Locos Mocos. I've been offroading in Baja since 1973.

Welcome. I bet you have some stories from the old days. 1973 that was original box broncos ! And NO suspension. Yall were REAL men back then !

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Your Ranger is awesome!! I really like how the rear cantilever setup is tucked up. Very cool. Thanks for sharing the link!!

Banned
Reaction score
Uhhhhh. Don't urs have radius arms and coil springs like rangers ? Or do the canada one do it different ?

lol no, newer 4x4 rangers are all torsion bars. The 2wd are coils, except the 2wd Edge/Sport which are torsion bar as well. It's not a Canada/Us thing lol.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
lol no, newer 4x4 rangers are all torsion bars. The 2wd are coils, except the 2wd Edge/Sport which are torsion bar as well. It's not a Canada/Us thing lol.
'97 was the last year for TTB. They switched to torsion bars for the '98 model year and have been that way since then.

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score

when you getting a LT setup? another texas run is just around the corner!

Banned
Reaction score
when you getting a LT setup? another texas run is just around the corner!

No idea man, Dixon bros stopped making them! There's another company that's working on a setup, but no idea how far along they are on it. May end up just buying a first gen 2wd ranger and making one outta that.

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No idea man, Dixon bros stopped making them! There's another company that's working on a setup, but no idea how far along they are on it. May end up just buying a first gen 2wd ranger and making one outta that.

That would be pretty sweet and I wouldn't think it cost much and would leave enough cash to drop a 5.0 in it!