Raptor Swamped in Lake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fivenines

Reaction score
Well, this looks like the red 2012 that was in Crooked Lake near where I work in Alberta. The story I heard is the owner dropped it through the ice in spring. It sat there for a couple months or so. I spoke to a contractor that was looking to bid on hauling it out of the lake who told me it was in up to the tail lights and there was 3 inches of grass/moss growing in the interior at the water level. He did not win the bid and in the end, there was a flying crane (or similar helicopter) working in the area that was hired to lift it out of the lake. I later spoke to a co-worker whose yard they dropped the truck in and he watched the lift. He said they lifted it by all four tow hooks and when the helicopter lifted it out, it took off with the Raptor swinging below like any other load, seemed nearly effortless for the helicopter! They dropped it in his yard and it went to salvage auction in Edmonton. Cheers!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ice fishing! Wow.... I was wondering how it got seemingly out in the middle of no where.

However, I'm sure @Rookie would have been able to drive that one out, ice or no ice! Lol....

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ice fishing! Wow.... I was wondering how it got seemingly out in the middle of no where.

However, I'm sure @Rookie would have been able to drive that one out, ice or no ice! Lol....

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

I'm givin her all she's got captain!

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg