raptor rear end "wandering/skidding''

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

raptortxs

Reaction score
Tire pressure on tires is 44. And no oil leaks from rear shocks, this was one of the first things I checked. Everything seems to fine. I will more than likely take for service at the local ford dealership this coming week and see what find.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you dense?
Don't drive the truck without performing the checks I called for.
You could be on your way to the dealer and see one of your rear wheels, including brake and axel, departing your truck!

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tire pressure on tires is 44. And no oil leaks from rear shocks, this was one of the first things I checked. Everything seems to fine. I will more than likely take for service at the local ford dealership this coming week and see what find.

Hi raptortxs,

I wanted to touch base and see how things are going with your truck. Were you able to track down the cause of the wandering? Did you get this into the hands of your dealer? What's the current mileage?

Crystal

dkfc13

HPA Systems LLC.
Reaction score
more than likely your shocks need rebuilt.

Once upon a time, adding weight to the bed of your truck would help. This is because leaf springs have some dampening effect from the springs sliding on one another. Adding weight to the bed would increase the friction between leafs and thus increase this inherent dampening.

Newer vehicles have spacers between the leafs which reduces this friction. This means your shocks need to be up to the task.

OP
OP
R

raptortxs

Reaction score
Are you dense?
Don't drive the truck without performing the checks I called for.
You could be on your way to the dealer and see one of your rear wheels, including brake and axel, departing your truck!

I havent had a chance to check this things out. being working out of town this past week and been driving alot. Hopefully I can check it out soon. I can feel the truck's suspension or whatever the issue might be, not doing good.

What do you mean by dense?

OP
OP
R

raptortxs

Reaction score
Hi raptortxs,

I wanted to touch base and see how things are going with your truck. Were you able to track down the cause of the wandering? Did you get this into the hands of your dealer? What's the current mileage?

Crystal

truck is still behaving the same way. Havent had time to take it to the dealership. Milage on truck is just shy of 38k

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
truck is still behaving the same way. Havent had time to take it to the dealership. Milage on truck is just shy of 38k

Thanks for following up, raptortxs; let me know if you decide to get your dealer involved. If you don't feel safe driving it, you can give Roadside Assistance a call at 1-800-241-3673.

Crystal