Raptor R setup for the stock 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It just happen to be that last weekend I had to work and came next to this GL450 at a red light, he was my around my age and it was 6:30am and no one around so we started off slowly and then went for it. the other two incounters were on the highway.
My drag racing days have long gone but I still like to strut, I'm not dead you know.
As mean as it looks and sounds it would be nice if it could back that up without spending another 7K.

And yes the Raptor shines in the snow I've said this in other threads. I had alot of fun last year!

Last edited:

beefcake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been to Livernois shop several times. The guys up there do an excellent job.

Picked up alot of parts from them for my 2011 Mustang Built engine as well.

100 passes this year and running strong!

AlbertaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a John Lund tune with a magnaflow muffler and I haven't lost to any truck or SUV yet.

And I gained 20% fuel economy.

Jeff

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not that it matters for me, now that I ordered the Whipple Supercharger.

Have you been up against a Jeep RST8 yet or a MB GL500? those things are crazy fast!

I think it would have been nice for SVT to not have been so conservative with our 6.2 L

Jeep's SRT 8 Has 470 hp from their 6.4 L granted it's also $62,000 and it can't do things like we can when off roading.

I am still very happy with my choice and I could have bought any one of these.

Last edited:

beefcake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a John Lund tune with a magnaflow muffler and I haven't lost to any truck or SUV yet.

Jeff

Jon is an excellent tuner. He tunes the mustang in my sig. He does an excellent job and he will be tuning my Raptor as well.

As far as an overall complete shop. Cannot say enough good things about Rick and the guys.

I had tuning issues with a vette years ago, went to 2 different tuners, 1 a so called "auto expert" that spend 7 hours on the car and couldn't get it to work right.

Dan figured out the problem in 10 minutes!

BORG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take your rig off-road where it is the undisputed King of production trucks :waytogo:

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Jeff

Jon Lund is THE MAN when it comes to custom tunes. He's got software that can custom tune your rig from across the globe. All I had to do was to give him a list of my mods, load his 'can' tune, fire up the engine cold & let the engine idle for 5-10 minutes. Then took a short drive around town, followed by doing a couple of WOT pulls through the gears. Turned the A/C on, then turned the A/C off.

I then saved the drive-log and emailed it to him for tweaking. All I had to do then was to load his custom tune, which was based off the parameters of my log and BAM ... loads of usable torque/power, all while enjoying improved economy.

That being said, my experience with this success was with a supercharged engine on my GT500, so I'm not sure how an normally aspirated engine would respond.