Raptor Friendly Toy Haulers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Every year about this time I get an itch to pick up a toy hauler. This was exaggerated after my recent camping trip to the North Sand Hills in Colorado after a serious of really cold thunderstorms wreaked havoc on our trip. I've read a lot of the threads about towing numbers/payloads/tips/modifications, etc on this board, and am fairly versed regarding bump stops, upgraded springs, weight distributing hitch, etc - so I'm not trying to rehash those mods. I'm looking for specific toy hauler model suggestions that jive with the Raptor (due to weight) and still provide some decent living/hauling space. I'm thinking 20-22 foot range, hopefully able to fit a Razor (betting two isn't realistic) or a couple quads. My must haves are:
  • Front Bedroom
  • Fuel Station
  • Generator
  • Outside Shower
  • Decent size sink (relatively speaking, for a camper)

It doesn't have to be new, but I'd just like to have some models in my mind to be on the lookout for. I have a 2012 Screw.

EdgeR6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forget the Raptor . Lookup KZ KZ-rv.com. When I can afford that is what I am going with. I did a lot of research on them and In my mind they have the nicest trailers. Are lighter then most others that I have seen. I hope to be getting a 18 to 20 foot. Should fit the Raptors tow rating just right.

glamisbound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think youre going to find a raptor specific trailer. All you can do is find the lightest trailer possible that fits what you are looking for. And an absolute must is a weight distributing hitch. I pull a 24ft carson enclosed with a 2300lb sand rail and before i lift fasten the distribution hitch it sits on the bump stops. After I fasten them with a cheater bar it brings it up to average ride height.

Raptoe13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt you'll find a toy hauler with your must haves and still be anywhere close to 8000# loaded. You'll need a TH that weighs less than 6000# dry I bet considering a rzr can weigh 1000-1600#.

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Those Livin Lite VRVs sure seem nice (perhaps a bit on the expensive side? still a nice toy hauler, just my .02).

OP - I'd also look at the "Forest River Puma Unleased" brand/model; 21 ft, $18,500ish and 5200 lbs weight (dry). Or consider different variants/floor plans of that toy hauler to see what else fits your needs.

G'luck!

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Reviving this thread a bit (after just pulling an RV through Yellowstone and thoroughly enjoying it). Is there such thing as a toyhauler with a slideout that the Raptor could handle? Hard sided - not a pop-out/tent style.

Enigma94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you'll find a toy hauler with all your wants. I myself was looking for one with a front bedroom that was also capable of fitting a new RZR(109" long) and everything that I found was in the 7,000lbs dry weights. The front bedroom seems to really add a lot of weight to the trailer. I was also looking for something in the 20-22' range but none of them had the cargo room to fit a RZR. So I ended up with a 24' keystone energy without a front bedroom. Dry weight is 6400 which is more than I wanted but I figured fully loaded I'll be at around 8500 which I personally am ok with. I definitely would suggest at least getting a bump stop kit because toy haulers have a lot higher tongue weight to counter the weight in the back when loaded. Mine is 960lbs and I'm very close to the bumpstops. With new leafs and a bumpstop kit I'll be more than capable of towing it down bumpy dirt roads without worry.