Raptor Confession

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soldier64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgive me Father for I have sinned...

I am sitting in my office in Germany thinking about something I thought i should share with the group.

I have never seen a Raptor in person, yet I spent $52K on one, several more thousands on Mods in my living room, and the truck is currently on a boat over here...

I have; howver, owned several Ford trucks and have loved them all, and fell in love with the Raptor when they were talking about designing this beast of a production vehicle. I have no doubt I will be the happiest person alive when it finally gets here, but I was wondering if I'm the only idiot that did this? :help:

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha trust me you are not the only one who's been like this! I waited 8 weeks for mine to get here back in January of 2010 it's a great day when it finally shows up! You'll be very happy!

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had never driven a Raptor before I purchased mine. I didn't want to. I wanted the first ride in one to be mine. I have also owned Ford Trucks before so I knew it was what I wanted. I had seen the Raptor in person and drooled over it to the point of obsession. Now I get to drool over my very own. Owner a Raptor is a double edged sword. People stare at it, take pictures of it, ask you questions about it, drool all over it. They also get hand prints, finger prints, butt prints, lip smudges all of it and in general love to touch them. I had a dining room full of mods months before i actually took delivery.

Attachments

• *******.jpg
    *******.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 110

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All you that have had mods sitting in your houses before you raptor got there are lucky haha when I got my raptor there wasn't shit for mods at the time haha then I finally saw ADD's first bumper for them and well I've had my stealth bumpers for a while now and love them but now I have a raceline bumper on order from RPG!

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha I guess you could put it that way! It does seem
Like these 2010 raptors with the 5.4L sure don't have as many problems as these newer raptors i don't know what it is I guess ford dropped the ball hahaha

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love my 2013, the only issue I have is the Sony Nav System with MyFordTouch is a bit flakey. I use it all the time, and just live with the quirks, but it would be nice if it was more stable. It really got under my skin the other day when I am in a hurry and I plug in an address while leaving a parking lot to get on the Freeway and the silly GPS says, computing route with a progress bar that never completes. I am now in a bad spot where I can't do anything since it is locked up and I have no real idea which freeway to take now since I rely on the NAV. I had to pull off the highway, turn off the truck, open a door to reset the effin NAV. Reload the address which is painfully slow, and wait for the computing route to complete this time before I drive off.

OK, im done with the rant.

Last edited:

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about it. Everything will be fine. I, too, bought mine sight unseen in 2010 before any Raptors had even been produced. You're not crazy.

Plus, it's gonna be awesome having the only one in town. Mine was like the 5th one to arrive in Kansas City... now they're freakin everywhere. I miss being unique.