Raptar, this is master, it's time to land

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speck1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quicksand,
I feel the same as you at this point. The anticipation and excitement leading up to the 1/4 build date consumed me. I was so happy to finally have a build date. Never did I think that the truck would vanish after it was built. That excitement is now gone! It is crazy that I have to waste my time trying to figure out where the stupid truck is. I hope for both of our sanity that we have trucks soon. No Obama vote here!

Hocker52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel ya Quicksand while waiting on my RAPTOR I had little to no info at all. My total wait was 17 weeks. And yes I had a couple of meltdowns at the dealership.

OP
OP
Quicksand

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again, thanks for the encouragement and sharing similar situations (or worse ie 17 weeks).

I just counted and tomorrow I will actually be @ 13 weeks exactly from the date I odered until 1/30/12. 13 weeks= lame. So I'm well on track (no pun) to take delivery @ 14 weeks or worse??

Most folks cringe if they have to deal with a dealer more than one day.....we've been doing it for MONTHS!

All I'm getting from my dealer and Ford is "We dont know where it is" or "its out of our hands once it leaves rail" or "I wouldn't know the difference in real Gold or Fools Gold if my butt hair turned yellow and glistened like a flawless brilliant cut diamond". Anything to get you off their backs........

RAPTOR, DAMN YOU.....ARRIVE!!!!

OP
OP
Quicksand

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm starting week 22 today.

Can I have a "Daaaaaaymn" ?

EDIT: Build pushed to Feb 2nd, but still no sticker up. Begining to wonder.

22 weeks is only 3-4 weeks shy of half a year!!! WTF Ford. At that rate we will never have the new model and again...not worth it to custom order but better yet just buy off the lot next Summer for a steal price SAME DAY!

22 weeks is wack. I seriously dont know of anyone willing to wait that long nor any real company beliieving its ok to take that long to deliver a product.

Hell, one of my company's is in intellectual property for Toyota and we are on our 2nd of 3 marking systems and it takes our engineers aout 2 months MAX to build AND install the system of which is state of the art! If we dont deliver on time, Toyota lets just say wouldnt be happy.

Toyota is my customer just like I'm Ford's customer......yet Ford obviously doesn't follow the same Kaizen method Toyota (and my business's) does--which is why Toyota is better in terms of overall performance in the work place. Plus, the Toyota I supply is Private owned vs Union ridden Ford.

Kaizen Definition: philosophy of ongoing improvement: a Japanese business philosophy advocating the need for continuous improvement in somebody's personal and professional life".

Especially if you dont have a sticker and/or VIN yet....you really need to take it up a notch with either Ford, SVT and/or your dealer as something has to be wrong with your order.

It's no mystery Ford is having allocation issues with the Raptor causing delay and wont report it bc they know it will steer people away from custom orders which dealers dont want bc its much easier to sell a custom order raptor than to sell one off the lot.

Ford probably never expected the Raptor to (a) last this long (b) never expected to build so many "rare" vehicles all at the same time.

PS-I dont like that the Raptor is built from Start to Finish on the same line as regular F150's....it's not a regular F150 and should be treated differently from a "run o the mill" truck built by a run ofthe mill line worker who could give a damn.

If I was a line worker in dearborn these days and had to build Raptors for lucky guys like us (who also bust our ass) I'd probably "accidentally" overfill the coolant resevoir, not screw down the dash properly, and you can forget about the door seals!! Haha. *I'd just forget about the whole truck entirely Mr. 22 weeks!!

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got a VIN, just no sticker, but thanks for the rant. I can't muster up the energy for one anymore. I called SVT this morning. hence the "edit" and they say build day now Feb 2nd.

What's more frustrating is the delivery part of it. Who knows if the stealership will be open or under the same owner that I bought it. FORD came in 2 weeks ago and took all the keys to the stock, something about inventory missing 70 vehicles (sold thru the DOdge dealership, sales not transferred or something screwy like that). the stealership is in the process of changing hands and I'm sure the new owner will try to **** me on the price (If they try, I'll just walk-away from the deal, no money down). I've waited 1/2 a year, I can wait more. I have other friends with dealerships.