Rack Options - HAVOC Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I should have it installed next week. I like the fact it is a single tire mount that can be locked or even removed and the mount stays fixed in the bed. Plus I have quite a bit of room for carrying shit. The Line-X will match my bed too..

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe,

The rack was shipped directly to the shop for shipping reasons. I will see it next week when I take my truck in to have some goodies installed...

I am excited to get the tire out from under the truck...

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a nice looking rack and a good deal...nice find Joe...

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WSI - Custom Bed Mounted Tire Rack

My review of WSI Tire Rack

I spoke with Jimmy several months ago about a tire rack for my truck. He spent time with me finding out what I wanted. We went back and forth. Jimmy asked me questions, I would never have thought to bring up. Jimmy is honestly concerned about providing the correct product with regards as to the intended purpose. We ended up agreeing on the look, function and strength of a single tire mount with the storage and function of a two tire rack system.

So after some time Jimmy came up with the idea of my rack below. The rack is basically two racks in one. I can use the single tire mount option, which by the way is fully adjustable to support different size wheel and tire options. The tire is always secure. I can loosen the four set screws and remove the entire tire and mount with effecting anything else or the rack itself. Thus, I can still use the rack to hold two stock tires or whatever else if desired, with out changing or effecting anything else.

The Quick release Jimmy came up with is great. Once installed, I will have no deed to access the bed bolts again with regards to the rack. There are four nuts that are removed and the rack pops out.

Jimmy suggested I Line-X the rack. I agreed and Jimmy handled that as well. Saving me over $100 in the process. It matches the Line-X in the bed perfectly. The FE mount does not interfere at all with anything else on the rack.

The installation of the High-light Jack is a perfect fit as well. The fuel jugs fit perfectly nestled against the tire as shown below. The Ammo box, which holds lug wrench, tow straps, base for Jake fits perfectly in the center of the rack.

It is a pleasure to work with Jimmy and his patience and persistence is what made this happen.

One more thing. Jimmy included everything I would need, from the bolts and nuts for the "quick release" kit to the perfect size clamps for the FE Mount. Jimmy Even included an extra Jug cap with a flex fill.

Thanks again Jimmy...

Some Pics:

Attachments

• IMG_0182 1.jpg
    IMG_0182 1.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0192 1.jpg
    IMG_0192 1.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0195.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0196.jpg
    IMG_0196.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 51

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fred, looks like a super clean set up. I like how you can store your rack under a toneau cover on the way to havoc, then once you get there, remove the spare from under the oem storage location, and mount it on the rack.

I also had superb service when working with Jimmy to build the Yukon Expedition Rack.

Yukon Joe
GLRE Support Raptor
WWW.RUNRAPTORRUN.COM