PS whining and fluid looks milky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 6.2 the PS cooler is part of the engine radiator.
I can't believe that on the 5.4 it is part of the AC system.

Thanks, I didn't think it was either. Gonna go pick up my truck and figure this out at home.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On the 6.2 the PS cooler is part of the engine radiator.
I can't believe that on the 5.4 it is part of the AC system.
Actually, the power steering cooler is the top two rows in the AC condenser.
@Houston Raptor - they are saying that they need to replace the AC condenser. Which is a bit strange that it is leaking, but not completely unlikely. Typically it is the high side hose that starts to leak. If the leak in the AC condenser isn't bad, you could let it ride and just keep an eye on it. How many miles you at? No warranty coverage?

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

H O L I D A Y CHEER Event fundraiser
Donate $10 for a chance to win a 50" light bar.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=929496
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

oh, and if you have time, Submit your photo for the calendar contest
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=44744

OP
OP
H

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, the power steering cooler is the top two rows in the AC condenser.
@Houston Raptor - they are saying that they need to replace the AC condenser. Which is a bit strange that it is leaking, but not completely unlikely. Typically it is the high side hose that starts to leak. If the leak in the AC condenser isn't bad, you could let it ride and just keep an eye on it. How many miles you at? No warranty coverage?

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

H O L I D A Y CHEER Event fundraiser
Donate $10 for a chance to win a 50" light bar.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Holiday Cheer "Giving Back" Event. - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

oh, and if you have time, Submit your photo for the calendar contest
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=44744

Miscommunication over the phone. The leak is in the condenser, they told me they had to vac and charge the AC and that's where the confusion came into play on my part. I filled the reservoir and the whining has gone away. I ordered an RPG reservoir and a derale cooler and I'm just gonna run it that way instead of replacing the condenser.

I was already going to add the RPG reservoir, so now I'm just gonna add a $75 derale cooler instead of paying ~$900.

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear, with that setup you should be fine...With the RPG res, I no longer have some whing in deep snow or in deep sand, works really good...

Dont forget to torque the fittings of the res very tight if you don't want to clean a massive oil spill in the engine bay, if you see what I mean lol...

OP
OP
H

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear, with that setup you should be fine...With the RPG res, I no longer have some whing in deep snow or in deep sand, works really good...

Dont forget to torque the fittings of the res very tight if you don't want to clean a massive oil spill in the engine bay, if you see what I mean lol...

Thanks for the advice, lol, sounds like you learned the hard way.