Protect your rear shocks, E brake cable and ABS lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JTRATX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed after the Raptor Run that the underneath of the truck more specifically the plastic shock guards get beat to hell from rocks and such, I also noticed the emergency brake line and ABS lines are subject to flying debris, so I covered them in vacuum hoses.
Problem solved!

Just take a vacuum hose and fuel hose, cut to length, slice it up the middle and cover and protect your lines.

001.jpg

For the rear shock I just took some very thick kitchen drawer liner and wrapped the shock a few times.

002.jpg

mictouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great job... Let me warn you that those tie wraps will only hold that rubber cover on for maybe the first time out in the dirt. I used Stainless Steel Safety Wire to hold my 1/4 thick rubber cover on mine. Yes, the rubber gets hammered too and it still doesn't keep a rock from breaking the cover but it does keep them in nice shape until that large rock hits the right spot. I've been through 4 sets of covers until I made my own.

See Outlaws new laser cut steel shock guards, They look like they will do the trick to keep rocks from breaking the lower (mosy Vulnerable) part of the cover.

OP
OP
J

JTRATX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:grd: good job. Hows that holding up ln the shock covers?

I just did all this stuff, so I won't get to test out for a month or so, but I'm optimistic.

Great job... Let me warn you that those tie wraps will only hold that rubber cover on for maybe the first time out in the dirt. I used Stainless Steel Safety Wire to hold my 1/4 thick rubber cover on mine. Yes, the rubber gets hammered too and it still doesn't keep a rock from breaking the cover but it does keep them in nice shape until that large rock hits the right spot. I've been through 4 sets of covers until I made my own.

See Outlaws new laser cut steel shock guards, They look like they will do the trick to keep rocks from breaking the lower (mosy Vulnerable) part of the cover.

Yeah zip ties may not withstand a large object, but I always carry them with me and a 100 pack is $4 so I'll go with it until I get tired of crawling under the truck to replace them.

If the plastic cover do in fact break then I'll have no choice but to fab up some covers.