Pro's and Con's of BeadLocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Grant sitdown and I are actually as going with same color pattern so make 10 or 12 and we live near each other

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, I like having a set of street wheels and a set of offroad wheels. That way I have nice rubber for the road, good in the snow, and if we are going to do some serious offroad then the "Real' offroad tires and wheels go on and we hammer down without worry over chunking, flats or busted wheels. If I had gone this route before wasting a small pile of tires and wheels offroad I would have been money ahead...LOL Just my two cents.

your dumb. this isnt a subaru where you have summer tires and winter tires. buy a damn tire and run it it's a damn truck.
I change my tires every 8-10 months. yes its expensive but if you dont like it dont chunk em off road.

i run heavy off camber trails with jeeps and rock crawling and mine never chunked. l2drive.

*You're :slap:

I agree with both of you. It's nice to have a dedicated off road rim/tire combo but lets face it our rims and tires weigh a bit much to be changing them out all the time. I'd have to lean more towards Netix here seeing I did that once when I owned an import and it gets old real quick!

Other than that I have nothing intelligent to add to this thread...... carry on.

TMX Engineer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
*You're :slap:

I agree with both of you. It's nice to have a dedicated off road rim/tire combo but lets face it our rims and tires weigh a bit much to be changing them out all the time. I'd have to lean more towards Netix here seeing I did that once when I owned an import and it gets old real quick!

Other than that I have nothing intelligent to add to this thread...... carry on.

There is nothing wrong with having a set of true bead lock's of your choice w/ BAJA T/A's on them for the off roading... other than you are looking at mucho $$$$.

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i run heavy off camber trails with jeeps and rock crawling and mine never chunked. l2drive.

jeep trails don't chunk tires. Ive killed mud grapplers before. With the high spacing and softish compound they are pretty vulnerable to rocks if you're doing anything Even remotely abusive.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the spare tires, 37's won't fit under the truck hon? Not a biggy...jus curious

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Steele i dont think you know what your talking about. Ive chunked super swampers, trail grapplers, any tire in abuse with rock crawling will chunk

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Actually on a side note these mud grapplers are not very soft compound. Mine are in great shape even after a beating on the trail and 160 km on roads with jagged fist sized rocks

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All 3 sets I had were pretty soft. They worked great but if spun hard at all they showed wear fast. I forgot your canadian roads are like driving the pits of hell. Please forgive me.