POLL: If Ford offers engine option (V6 and V8), which one would you pick?

Which engine would you choose in the 2017 raptor?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are some realistic gaines from a tune alone on this new 3.5 HO? Has it even been posted what the factory HP and TQ will be?

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What are some realistic gaines from a tune alone on this new 3.5 HO? Has it even been posted what the factory HP and TQ will be?

No factory HP/TQ numbers on the high output 3.5 going in the raptor (yet). The standard 3.5 is putting out 375hp and 470tq so the high output version is going to be well north of that. My guess would be 450+hp and 500+tq.

A tune can yield pretty impressive numbers in turbo vehicles so anywhere from an extra 25-100hp is pretty reasonable.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No factory HP/TQ numbers on the high output 3.5 going in the raptor (yet). The standard 3.5 is putting out 375hp and 470tq so the high output version is going to be well north of that. My guess would be 450+hp and 500+tq.

A tune can yield pretty impressive numbers in turbo vehicles so anywhere from an extra 25-100hp is pretty reasonable.

Thanks! Yeah, was thinking as long as the fuel delivery isnt sagging...at least 50hp from tune alone.
I think if ford really wanted to hush the V8 crowd and TRY to please them. Rocket out 550HP and 600TQ ;) not gonna happen tho

Last edited:

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, was thinking as long as the fuel delivery isnt sagging...at least 50hp from tune alone.

The engine features an all-new, Ford-first dual-direct and port fuel-injection system. Two injectors per cylinder – one mounted in the intake port where air enters the cylinder and one positioned inside the cylinder – work together to improve power output, efficiency, and emissions.

Fuel isnt going to be an issue.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The engine features an all-new, Ford-first dual-direct and port fuel-injection system. Two injectors per cylinder – one mounted in the intake port where air enters the cylinder and one positioned inside the cylinder – work together to improve power output, efficiency, and emissions.

Fuel isnt going to be an issue.

The only thing i worry about with the turbo and DI is carbon build up.
The port is supposed to help as well? Would actually like to see pics of this

This sounds like it will work well... as long as they do the endurance testing.. and it held up well....im sold on this baby.

Last edited:

20psirabbit

Reaction score
V8 option is stupid. It's exhausting listening to all the little girls crying over their blessed lazy v8. I'm so glad this truck will not come v8, its too bad that people are too ignorant to understand why it's a good thing. Unfortunately, progress is always being held back by scared cavemen.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
V8 option is stupid. It's exhausting listening to all the little girls crying over their blessed lazy v8. I'm so glad this truck will not come v8, its too bad that people are too ignorant to understand why it's a good thing. Unfortunately, progress is always being held back by scared cavemen.

Sigh. Why don't you tell us why it's a good thing to put a small engine in a full size truck that's meant for offroading. Start with all your scientific tests and data, most of which I assume were based off limiter banging your little shit box as you leave the parking lot of your community college.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score

2 whole posts in 5 1/2 years. Yeah, you're qualified to have any kind of an opinion when it comes to the Raptor. Keep in mind, cavemen are the ones out there in the shit getting it done while you house dwellers are sitting around waiting for us to bring dinner home.

The V6 is woefully small for the Raptor the way us cavemen use them. It will be great for the mall-crawlers and street kings. I think we know which category you fall in to.....LOL

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drive the current 3.5 Ecoboost, the engine is fantastic and I expect the V2 that is also used in the GT, that won LeMans, to be even better.

3.5L V2 for me all day every day. There is no TT V8, so that is just dreaming.

Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drive the current 3.5 Ecoboost, the engine is fantastic and I expect the V2 that is also used in the GT, that won LeMans, to be even better.

3.5L V2 for me all day every day. There is no TT V8, so that is just dreaming.

I'm a dreamer then. But to me it seems silly to think that Ford, who has publicly announced they are not moving away from V8s in trucks or mustangs, wouldn't produce an eco V8. It could be as simple as slicing the new engine open and adding two more cylinders (this would cost virtually nothing to do). But ideally they would reduce the displacement after doing so and make it a bit more undersquare. Then you'd get a lot more low rpm grunt without needing boost in day to day driving and the result would be better real world fuel economy.

They've already developed this concept for the GT500 in the past anyway so we know it's on their radar screen.