Planning The Desert Oasis from Raptor Expeditions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just registered for The Desert Oasis (beginner run from Barstow to Vegas) on Raptor Expeditions site.

A friend of mine is going to ride shotgun and help pay for gas and split a hotel in Vegas with me.

I was also considering flying my brother out to ride in the back (SCREW) if he was interested. He has three kids and doesn't get out much, so I thought it would be fun for him. I was wondering what you guys thought about riding in the back? I've heard the back is very uncomfortable while off-road, but it wouldn't be me (or anyone financially supporting the trip) back there. The description sounded like this would be a pretty mellow trip, relatively, so I figured this was the one to try.

I know it is still a couple months away, but I was also wondering if anyone else had started planning for this yet? I was wanting to start looking at hotel prices and didn't know if everyone tried to get the same hotel or if the group pretty much split once we got to Vegas.

Disclaimer: this will be my first real off-road trip and I'm really excited to actually use my truck, hence planning two months in advance. A valid reply is certainly, "chill, it is two months away."

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he hates your backseat, he can always ride in mine...bwahahaha

Seriously: Take it easy on your truck, don't drive over your head and you should be fine.

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever go on this run? How was it? There is another similar one planned for thr 28th of this month that i may go on! But then again, i live in vegas so it makes things ez.

OP
OP
jondle

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever go on this run? How was it? There is another similar one planned for thr 28th of this month that i may go on! But then again, i live in vegas so it makes things ez.

This thread was for the same run you were talking about in the general forum, it just changed names once it got closer and plans firmed up. I posted in your general thread, but here is the official thread from Raptor Expeditions:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f113/day-dirt-vegas-14803/