Picking truck up from shop w/ 37s!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm finally picking the truck up from the shop since getting 37" tires installed on Method 703s. I had a quick question though, are the only things I need to do below? I think I've got all my ducks in a row but wanna make sure.

-Change tire size to 37" in Forscan
-PCM/TCM relearn after doing tire size change
-Ride height relearn/calibration

I think that's it but if anybody has any tips/tricks/ or better 37" values(getting them off of tiresize.com/calculator) to put into Forscan I'm all ears!

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can use the sizes from the calculator. Once you have them changed you can go for a drive and use Waze or something to see if the GPS speed matches. If its slightly off you can dial it in.

OP
OP
RaptorAU

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can use the sizes from the calculator. Once you have them changed you can go for a drive and use Waze or something to see if the GPS speed matches. If its slightly off you can dial it in.
So a little update. Ending up going with 2800mm because Tiresize was suggesting like 29xx and that was giving me a ABS error. After using 2800 it's dead on, maybe off by a 1/2mph which I think is a W.

Now the ride height calibrator, when I went to run it I was showing like -13 on one and -16 on another and similar very high values on the other. Now after the recalibrate(getting it into tech mode for a raptor was super easy) I'm showing the Front Right and Rear Right being -6 and Front Left and Rear left being -1. Is that normal? I ran it twice also.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@RaptorAU I havent ran it in a long while. Did you make sure it was on even ground and you removed and items out of the bed or cab? The fuel tank is on the Left side so it would make some sense that the Left would be a little more compressed. Did it ask you about your fuel level? That may be part of the Spring calibration. You could run that too. Wouldnt hurt.

OP
OP
RaptorAU

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@RaptorAU I havent ran it in a long while. Did you make sure it was on even ground and you removed and items out of the bed or cab? The fuel tank is on the Left side so it would make some sense that the Left would be a little more compressed. Did it ask you about your fuel level? That may be part of the Spring calibration. You could run that too. Wouldnt hurt.
Yeah had a half a tank in it. I did it in the garage to try and find the most level spot. Truck didn't have anything or anybody in it. I had the drivers door open standing outside

OP
OP
RaptorAU

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I got a couple of shots of the procedure. It seems if I choose more fuel it balances out better. I've attached a photo of 3/4 of a tank and a full tank. Full tank put everything a -1 but they were bouncing between -1 and 0. I think I'll go with that but I've also attached a pic of my fuel tank and that's what it was when I calibrated.

Attachments

• IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0496.jpg
    IMG_0496.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0495.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0494.jpg
    IMG_0494.jpg