Picked up my special 1 of 1 factory build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Really Ford, your drunk, get off the Raptor line and sober up.

How this got past multiple levels of QC, eyeballs, Ford staff is unbelievable.

Dealer spotted it and is getting it worked out, good guys at Friendly Ford of Crosby Texas.

No matter, the truck is better than expectations so far.

Reminds me about a new base F-150 that got a Raptor driver's seat late last year. That guy was probably told to stop installing seats and to go install headlights!

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, the way that vehicles are assembled is that they travel along an assembly line, right? And parts (like headlights and seats) are bolted on as they go? Right.

The hitch is that the parts that get bolted to each vehicle are on automated delivery systems of their own... it's not like the "seat station" has a pile of seats to choose from, and the guy then has to pick four that match. The seats are delivered on a track, and the dude's job is to grab the seat that's on the rack in front of him, and bolt it into the truck that's in front of him at that time. If it matches, great! If not, there's not a damn thing the "seat guy" can do about it... he doesn't have the option to do like a dry cleaner and scroll through what's available. So, obviously, in this case, the ****** occurred further up the line (from the assembly process), where the parts for that particular build were staged, and loaded onto their respective delivery systems (or the matching headlight assembly was dropped/broken and the next available unit was bolted in).

What's supposed to happen, is that there is supposed to be a post-build/initial quality inspection to catch and address these sorts of issues, but evidently a failure occurred there, as well. Which sucks... but at least the dealer is taking care of you.

cpetes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say stick with the white ones if at all possible. Certainly will be the only one for awhile with that setup and it would be from the factory.

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, the way that vehicles are assembled is that they travel along an assembly line, right? And parts (like headlights and seats) are bolted on as they go? Right....

So, what your saying is that someone at the Dearborn plant took this Raptors left headlight....Probably put it in his lunchbox...gonna build his own Raptor,
One piece at a time:
..."Every day I'd watch them beauties roll by
And sometimes I'd hang my head and cry
'Cause I always wanted me one that was long and black.
One day I devised myself a plan
That should be the envy of most any man
I'd sneak it out of there in a lunchbox in my hand
Now gettin' caught meant gettin' fired
But I figured I'd have it all by the time I retired
I'd have me a car worth at least a hundred grand.
I'd get it one piece at a time
And it wouldn't cost me a dime
You'll know it's me when I come through your town
I'm gonna ride around in style
I'm gonna drive everybody wild
'Cause I'll have the only one there is around....
"
Johnny Cash​

OP
OP
C

consolidated

Reaction score
So what are they doing, what side is the correct side? Personally I would tell them to get the driver side to match the passenger side, that all white looks cool on a white truck.

I'd say stick with the white ones if at all possible. Certainly will be the only one for awhile with that setup and it would be from the factory.

The silver (white) headlight does look good on avalanche. Black is the correct color. I've not heard anything yet, good thing I can't see the front of the truck while driving it. May put it on ebay for $20k over, collector's edition Raptor, will trade for new Ford GT plus a few bucks.