Painting skid plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TuckerTravis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a paint anyone recommends to paint skid plate and gray piece on bottom of truck. I know plasti dip would work but I was wantinng it to be permanent.

Banned
Reaction score
best bet would probably be powdercoat if you want to help keep the rock dings off. or Line-x.

paint would chip pretty easy im guessing.

id go with plasti-dip personally. It is permanent till you rip it off. and its easy to touch it up if something does scratch it.

FAMARO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder what it and the small silver part at the bottom of the bumper would look like painted the same color of the front bumper? I think it would blend in.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder what it and the small silver part at the bottom of the bumper would look like painted the same color of the front bumper? I think it would blend in.

This is my plan as well. I think I may just paint the silver upper part the same as the bumper then bedline the lower part like the running boards.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aidan it looks good. Did you plastidip it while on the truck or did you remove the skid plate? I hoping to done mine this coming week.

trxhonda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I was going to post a thread on this tonight and get on here and seen the topic painting skid plate. I just got my rear wheel wells line-xed and the truck rust proofed and undercoated while there I had them lin-x the silver part of bumper and the skid plates
[269.jpg
ATTACH]10033[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 270.jpg
    270.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 274

Aidan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aidan it looks good. Did you plastidip it while on the truck or did you remove the skid plate? I hoping to done mine this coming week.

Removed the skid plate because it's real simple. Took about 5 minutes and I don't even have my air tools here.

Did the bumper part with it on the truck, even if I had taken it off, I would've needed to tape it all off anyway.