Painting side vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has any one successfully painted the side fender vents 2 or 3 colors. I have seen the vinyl and EL panels placed behind the SVT logo, but I want to know if it is possible to paint the entire vent multi colors (like the american flag).

I still have not gotten my truck, but I'm already thinking about subtle "mods" to make mine unique.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Painting textured plastic is a bitch. If you get it to work though you won't be able to get anywhere near it with a pressure washer or if it gets nicked at all it's gonna start flaking. Just be careful with that. Totally understand the idea of making your truck yours. That's the fun of having these trucks or an vehicle for that matter.

OP
OP
stewwalker

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm aware of the weekend rattle can jobs. Looks great for a bit, then looks terrible the next week. I know I'm capable of the painting / plastidiping. I just don't know if its worth trying to mask off the extreme contours. I mean I don't want to be the guinea pig.

Baddkarmaracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are hydro coated, they painted, dipped and cleared them and my truck sees a pressure washer at least once a week. No problems in the last 5 months or so

a3e6ude9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hydrodipping is probably the safest way to go. if u bring it to a good body shop they should be able to paint the vents and last but it will take a lot of prep work (and your money) to do it right.