Painted Body Color Skid Plate Anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kamil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Anyone run the factory skid plate painted/powder coated the color of their Raptor? I was debating doing mine and want to know if anyone maybe has done this and can post a Picture so I can decide.

Thanks

Kamil

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Meh.

Hit that skid plate with some large tree limbs and ding it up a little, maybe add in a few strikes with a ball-peen hammer to simulate some rock impacts.

Give that truck the non-poseur look.
:biggrin:

OP
OP
Kamil

Kamil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Powder coated satin black. Also remember the lower portion of the bumper is painted silver to give the look that the skid plate is continued higher. So you’ll need to have that addressed as well.

8e910efb67b83a584da221c996446aca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks 100 times better very awesome upgrade gonna have to do mine

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks decent on dark colors.

My advice is go thick on the PC, +1 for satin if thats the route you want to go as the gloss black will show alot of scratches.

The benefit with leaving is stock is that the nicks/scratches/brush marks are kind of camouflaged with silver.

OP
OP
Kamil

Kamil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks decent on dark colors.

My advice is go thick on the PC, +1 for satin if thats the route you want to go as the gloss black will show alot of scratches.

The benefit with leaving is stock is that the nicks/scratches/brush marks are kind of camouflaged with silver.

I was thinking to Powder Coat it color of the truck (leadfoot) I think it might look really good but we will see once I do it. Im still undecided between satin Black and Leadfoot for that plate. I will post pictures on my build Thread in the General GEN2 Section once I have them and also here.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

I noticed you also painted the bumper up top in gloss black and left just the center flat black. It looks great. I might paint my stuff in LeadFoot just like yours love the look.

rettags

Reaction score
I was thinking to Powder Coat it color of the truck (leadfoot) I think it might look really good but we will see once I do it. Im still undecided between satin Black and Leadfoot for that plate. I will post pictures on my build Thread in the General GEN2 Section once I have them and also here.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

I noticed you also painted the bumper up top in gloss black and left just the center flat black. It looks great. I might paint my stuff in LeadFoot just like yours love the look.

Thanks. I did the upper and lower grills (with caps) in satin black paint so the truck is more uniform. On both black and LF, I think color matching looks good. Other colors, the two-tone works better. My view on the skid plate is you want it to get lost rather than pop. So if you can achieve that in the LF scheme, that would definitely be a different look.

Good luck with your project!!

OP
OP
Kamil

Kamil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I did the upper and lower grills (with caps) in satin black paint so the truck is more uniform. On both black and LF, I think color matching looks good. Other colors, the two-tone works better. My view on the skid plate is you want it to get lost rather than pop. So if you can achieve that in the LF scheme, that would definitely be a different look.

Good luck with your project!!

Ill go with LF and if its fugly there is always plasti dip lol I can always ask the shop for a deal on the second one if I dont like the first one so we will see better to see both options :)

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Did you do anything with the rear?