Ovilla Texas, Got a new raptor. Well kinda

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dx1

Reaction score
Looks good.. thats what I'm doing to my 05 screw, quick question. where did you get your valance? I cant find it anywhere. . Also hood vents..

OP
OP
Autonuts

Autonuts

Reaction score
Thanks all for replies.. I have been getting most of my parts at the Ford dealership. The only used parts were the Hood (LKQ), front bumper (EBAY) and valance (got it off craigslist, bumper filler)

When it came time to either buy stock fender flares or go OEM I just could not find any used ones and new is very high in cost. I bought those bigger ones for now, but once pulled off everything is stock raptor.. Now trying to figure out what all needs to be done to swap the front suspension.. I'm sure its more then just upper and lower control arms. If anyone has some descent used front shocks or a set of stock flares I would be interested in purchasing..

Last edited:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks all for replies.. I have been getting most of my parts at the Ford dealership. The only used parts were the Hood (LKQ), front bumper (EBAY) and valance (got it off craigslist, bumper filler)

When it came time to either buy stock fender flares or go OEM I just could not find any used ones and new is very high in cost. I bought those bigger ones for now, but once pulled off everything is stock raptor.. Now trying to figure out what all needs to be done to swap the front suspension.. I'm sure its more then just upper and lower control arms. If anyone has some descent used front shocks or a set of stock flares I would be interested in purchasing..

I am going with Icon 3.0's very soon and will have a full set of stock shocks (plus one extra front with only about 5k miles on it). PM me if your interested.....

TexasBob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Autonuts it looks good! The suspension is easy. I've done reverse of you...suspension first then body. You'll need UCAs, LCAs, Coilovers, Stabilizer bar, Tie Rods, and Brake lines for the front. Leafs, Rear Bypass Shocks, and either wheel spacers or the Raptor rear diff. Also, make sure you have an extra shackle bolt for the driver's side front eyelet for the leaf spring. You'll have to cut the oem one or drop the gas tank to get it out.

horak24

Reaction score
was the hood blue when you got it? I work at LKQ and remember that truck. Looks sweet!