Outlaw Raptor Long Travel Kit... BE SCARED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm probably the last one to ask this since I have friends at several companies that build suspension products for Raptor's, so I can be bias to them.
But I will tell you this, recently a member on here asked me this very question, and knowing the company that builds the kit and how much it's been tested and how his truck is set up I told him to get the Outlaw kit.

When that member read's this, still waiting for a solid response

That was pretty much the consensus when I Pm'd a bunch of folks in the know.
I ordered the brenthel simply because they got back to me promptly with a quote, and seemed to have decent tech support.
Would have gone with the outlaw lt if they'd got back to me a bit sooner.
Sdhq wasn't an option for me simply due to the fact that they're exclusively designed around icon, and I found the tuning on my old icon coilovers to have atrocious manners on choppy roads, which is the norm here. I kind of figured there would be similar tuning on the lt setup.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
I ordered the brenthel simply because they got back to me promptly with a quote, and seemed to have decent tech support.

I hope this works out for you, I really do, cause I've heard nothing but horror stories about guys that have bought Brenthel kits and had nothing but issues with their parts working the way they claim, then dealing with there lack of customer service seems to be another major issue

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope this works out for you, I really do, cause I've heard nothing but horror stories about guys that have bought Brenthel kits and had nothing but issues with their parts working the way they claim, then dealing with there lack of customer service seems to be another major issue

Thanks, i m kind of leaving the idea of long travel apart, it is 7k for metal only on hm and 9k on sdhq +2, i have not take the suspension in count yet
I wonder myselft why the sdhq +2 is expensive than the hm racing design that is a +3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Time will tell. They've been good so far.
I did read some stuff about them prototyping a 4x4 f150 mid travel where the owner had some expectations that weren't met. He was quite vocal about his disappointment. Couldn't find anything negative about the raptor kit though.
I do intend to do some documentation of the install and function, as well as take travel measurements.
Worse comes to worse, I'll cut it off and weld the outlaw kit on !

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, i m kind of leaving the idea of long travel apart, it is 7k for metal only on hm and 9k on sdhq +2, i have not take the suspension in count yet
I wonder myselft why the sdhq +2 is expensive than the hm racing design that is a +3

I bet if you ask this question a few more times, you'll get the answer.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Are you by chance what some would call "special'?