One Dually + One D2 in each bumper pocket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Still trying to figure out what I want to do with lighting. Have heard about the new D2 which looks quite impressive @ 2600 lumens vs. 1100 for the dually.

I'm curious if one could mount one D2 (inboard) and one Dually (outboard) in each bumper pocket? I'd use a white D2 as a driving/off road light and an amber Dually as a fog. Any idea if the current mount could be adapted to handle this, and/or would it look cumbersome trying to wedge the extra width into the bumper pockets?

Reaction score
The D2 is simply amazing. As for mounting, they mount the same as the dually's. As for pockets, are you talking about pockets on a stock bumper or one of our bumpers?

Here is some general info on the D2.

Rigid Industries is proud to present the latest in LED lighting. The D2 is our new compact light
that packs quite the punch with light output. Producing over 2600 Lumens and only using
28 watts of power. The new D2 is the brightest compact auxiliary light available to date. With
temperature sensing circuitry, the light unit will regulate between 80-100% power to prevent
damage and keep the LED optimized for the environmental conditions. With no airflow the
temperature sensors will automatically dim the light roughly 10%, virtually imperceptible to
the eye. This temp sensing circuitry was developed to help protect the customers investment.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think he's talking about the stock bumper openings..... do you think a dually and a d2 would fit in each opening together?

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been waffling back and forth on LED lighting, 40'' Rigid with light bar or no light bar, behind the grill, but with light loss etc.
It looks like Rigid sells a bracket that allows 2 of their 2'' square lights (D2 and/or Dually) in the corner openings.
Thanks to the D2 lights I am now thinking about the 20'' center and the corner lights as my number one option.

So many possibilities.

Reaction score
Matt you had that set up on your front stock bumper before you went with our's, what did you think of it? When I saw it on your truck I thought it looked pretty good. If I remember correctly, it looked like they sat a little bit in front of the cut out. Did you have any problems with them getting hit?

OP
OP
Droid

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Awesome, just awesome.

So the D2s are 2600 lumens per light, and the regular Dually is 1100. So if I add that up I'd be looking at 7400 lumens for the entire setup.

I'm assuming I can just add lumens together like that to get an idea of how much light output I'll bee seeing, but is that really the case? I'm only interested in relative comparison here, e.g., does the fact that these put out 7400 lumens make it approximately equivalent to the output of a 20" light bar (rated at 7200 lumens)?

I think I'd go spot white D2s and amber flood dually, so I'm guessing the amber is going to be less than 1,100, which is completely understandable.

Would like to use the amber light as an effective fog light (i.e., to see better in rain/fog, not to show other drivers how awesome and blinding I am with all my lights :)). Can realize if on-street use cannot be officially condoned per DOT, but is this a practical use of an amber (and is flood appropriate?)

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Matt you had that set up on your front stock bumper before you went with our's, what did you think of it? When I saw it on your truck I thought it looked pretty good. If I remember correctly, it looked like they sat a little bit in front of the cut out. Did you have any problems with them getting hit?

I loved that set up. They did sit just a bit out of the opening but with them being staggered, it looked good. It was nice to be able to aim them to the outside if I wanted or point them where ever. You could drive down the road with the headlight's off and just the running lights and dually's on.....plus it looked awesome. I'll put up some pics of what I did with my amber dually's on the bumper when I get it back, I think it's pretty cool.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Awesome, just awesome.

So the D2s are 2600 lumens per light, and the regular Dually is 1100. So if I add that up I'd be looking at 7400 lumens for the entire setup.

I'm assuming I can just add lumens together like that to get an idea of how much light output I'll bee seeing, but is that really the case? I'm only interested in relative comparison here, e.g., does the fact that these put out 7400 lumens make it approximately equivalent to the output of a 20" light bar (rated at 7200 lumens)?

I think I'd go spot white D2s and amber flood dually, so I'm guessing the amber is going to be less than 1,100, which is completely understandable.

Would like to use the amber light as an effective fog light (i.e., to see better in rain/fog, not to show other drivers how awesome and blinding I am with all my lights :)). Can realize if on-street use cannot be officially condoned per DOT, but is this a practical use of an amber (and is flood appropriate?)

The lumens will add up to the same total, it just probably won't seem that way due to the light from each D2 being separated from the others......where as the 20" is throwing it's entire output from that one focal point. Those little thing's should still light it up nice though, their awesome.