Non-Raptor Sticky Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Maxx2893

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you a track guy, 1/4 guy, auto-x guy, stop light grand Prix guy? Very different tires needed for each.

Most of the time is spent on the street. But when tracked it'll be a track not a drag strip. More than likely road-course. Pretty new to racing, and a small infield track at Texas Motor Speedway is all I've done.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maxx2893

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I instruct with Texas Driving experience, is that who you ran with. You in a black vet.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Som good street/track tires.

Dunlop*Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec
Hankook*Ventus R-S3
Nitto NT-01 tires listed by size More of a entry level track tire than street tire

Yeah ran with TDE during the Lonestar Vette Rally. Was in a red ZR1

Like I said biggest problem is gonna be fitting the wheels. It's got 20's on the back and 19's on the front.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

These look pretty good.

Michelin*Pilot Sport Cup ZP

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

You gonna go tear up the red beast?

BDRAG

We'll try not to tear it up. Just got back from the shop getting some goodies put on. :waytogo:

Borla Stinger Catback
Lingenfelter Pulley
Port & Polish Supercharger Snout
CAI

Last edited:

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran a set of those for a season, they really suck in the wet and turn to stone before they ware out.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

you may want to invest in some track wheels

OP
OP
Maxx2893

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran a set of those for a season, they really suck in the wet and turn to stone before they ware out.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

you may want to invest in some track wheels

I would but can't go any lower because of the big ass brakes lol.

ag_09zr1_wheelbrake.jpg

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hands down BFG KDWII's! Ran them for many years straight and nothing but sticky for a street tire. Rain traction was great too!

'12 Race Red Raptor SCAB (Loaded to the max!)
SCABS are faster!!
'08 SeaDoo RXP-X Clockin' 80+ GPS

2manytrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyo FTW... if you are still learning, see if Hankook makes tires that will fit. I used to run the RH06's and they were very good for drag racing and road racing and cheap enough to replace once you burn them up. Good in all weather.

OP
OP
Maxx2893

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Toyo FTW... if you are still learning, see if Hankook makes tires that will fit. I used to run the RH06's and they were very good for drag racing and road racing and cheap enough to replace once you burn them up. Good in all weather.

Thanks for the info man