Noise Coming From Perch adjustment?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattFedd

Reaction score
Hey,

So I got my 2014 Raptor leveled, went off-roading prior to that did fine (great). Since I got that done every time I go I get this awful sound from my truck. Sounds a lot like the video of the broken hubs. Sounds like these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kyWou8Rbs0 and feels awful jerks the whole car. The dealer has given me new hubs, new transfer case, axels, brand new under the front of my truck. But I still get the noise, they think it may be the ABS sensor, so I'm going wheeling tomorrow to see if the noise happens because I got it back down to stock in the front. Has anyone else had this problem with their Perch? Is Ford Missing something? Am I? Anything sound fishy.

Sound seems like its coming from front driver side tire, or that general area not all over the car just the front.

Thanks,
Matthew
New Mexico Raptor Driver

OP
OP
M

MattFedd

Reaction score
Leveled in the front, so perch adjusted. Always want to call it leveled. Actually took it off roading and the clicking went away, so going to go back to the company that did the adjustment. And see what they say.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^Agreed, the dealer did not ask or maybe did not even notice...I assume you only went to the mid perch and not the top perch setting. Top Perch on a 2014 Raptor can cause issues...

HiTechRedneck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got mine back from the dealer this week - it was MY FAULT.
When I did the mid perch I used a winch strap to hold the spring in the upper bucket while I moved the collar to mid setting - just like the video. BUT when I put the strap in I had caught a vacuum line and caused a leak. Vacuum leak will allow the hub to partially engage while in 2xdrive causing a bad noise - grinding.
By the way - NO noise when in 4x4.
Took it to the dealer and they found the leak below the power brake booster, fixed it and installed a new hub so all is well.
I didn't tell them about mid perch and they didn't ask.
Cost under extended warranty - $72.00

OP
OP
M

MattFedd

Reaction score
There is a I guess you'd call it a Ford owned accessory store that is local here. They have really good technicians, and specialize in Raptors so have a lot of stuff in their warehouse. So they did get it done really fast. I actually had the full perch, but I took the Perch back down to stock and the noise was no more. So I'm thinking because it was a full Perch it was the issue, haven't gone back to talk to the guys yet though (going tomorrow to talk to them). They next and kind last idea, if the noise continued, was the ABS sensor was failing like it did in the first year Raptor's, but sounds to me like it had to of been the Full Perch.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a I guess you'd call it a Ford owned accessory store that is local here. They have really good technicians, and specialize in Raptors so have a lot of stuff in their warehouse. So they did get it done really fast. I actually had the full perch, but I took the Perch back down to stock and the noise was no more. So I'm thinking because it was a full Perch it was the issue, haven't gone back to talk to the guys yet though (going tomorrow to talk to them). They next and kind last idea, if the noise continued, was the ABS sensor was failing like it did in the first year Raptor's, but sounds to me like it had to of been the Full Perch.

Matt:

Yes top perch no good on 2012 and above....

Several threads in here on the issue

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/top-perch-mid-perch-2014-a-33525/

Try mid perch...much better than stock setting!