No Android Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lunnzz19

Reaction score
I searched and can't find my answer so I'm gonna ask here. I have a 2019 and even before I updated to Sync 3.4 there is no option in the radio to use Android Auto am I missing a step? I plug my phone in and scrolling through the options not seeing Android Auto I have tried it with the bluetooth off. Everything I read that there should be a tab for it in the radio.

OP
OP
Lunnzz19

Lunnzz19

Reaction score
That's the option I do not have in settiings there is no Android Auto Preferences icon. Also I don't have the factory provided cable. When I use a cable I have my phone does show it is charging. My phone does pair via bluetooth to the radio also.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest a different USB cable or maybe try restarting the system.. Hold Power and the Seek Up/Right Arrow

OP
OP
Lunnzz19

Lunnzz19

Reaction score
You do have android auto installed on your phone right?
Yeah and made sure it was updated now will the Android Auto icon show up under settings even if a phone is not connected? Mine doesn't show the icon either way. I mean probably wouldn't use it very much but would like the option if I wanted.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah and made sure it was updated now will the Android Auto icon show up under settings even if a phone is not connected? Mine doesn't show the icon either way. I mean probably wouldn't use it very much but would like the option if I wanted.
Which phone do you have? Android auto is a little different I search for it and then go to it to adjust settings Screenshot_20230727_185707_Finder.jpgScreenshot_20230727_185720_Finder.jpgScreenshot_20230727_185729_Android Auto.jpg

Raptor Vet

Reaction score
I have a 2018 and Android auto was working great.....I loved Goggle maps on the display...plus the phone/text option were way better....Now when I hit the ap search I get the message " No aps found"....can't seem to get them reloaded...Any suggestions?

OP
OP
Lunnzz19

Lunnzz19

Reaction score
So yesterday I tried two different cables and it was the cable I was originally trying to use and with a different cable it is working. So the cable I tried to use first would charge my phone but would not allow Androind Auto to work but with a different cable it is working now thanks for all the help.