Echo heard by caller on my 2018 using Android Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guyzer

Reaction score
New to me Raptor. Callers are reporting an echo on their end when they call me in the truck. This happens wether I am connected via USB or Bluetooth. Took it to the dealer and they did a master reset but that did not work. They checked for TSBs and SSSMs but none found. The software is up to date. The echo gets worse when the volume over 18 but is still there when it is down to 12-15 volume. It seems like the truck's microphone is hypersensitive. Any ideas?

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Possibly some dirt/dust/debris in the mic hole causing that. Had same issue on my Android phone recently (but directly with phone, not through truck system), pulled case off and echo disappeared. Bought new case to replace crusty 6 year old one.

Could be similar issue, but with something blocking truck mic hole.

jAKe47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue. I want to say I had to turn microphone permissions off for Android Auto. It runs on both mic's(truck and phone) otherwise and will create the echo. It's annoying as hell because when you do that you lose the ability to use the voice command feature but as far as I could tell from the research I did that's the only way to fix it.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Turn off Android Auto, pair the phone normally, and re-evaluate. Many of these issues are CarPlay/Android induced.