New Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some more upgrades going in soon! 700hp here I come!

IMG_20150830_123812_zpsv4ygpmbm.jpg

ID725_small_no_logo.jpg

How did you decide on that alc inject kit? I'am think about doing one myself, the snow one looks legit.

OP
OP
mike.s

mike.s

Reaction score
How did you decide on that alc inject kit? I'am think about doing one myself, the snow one looks legit.

I don't know much about the Snow kit, but Alky Control has very good customer reviews both for product and for customer support. I talked to the owner, Julio, over the phone and he is a straight shooter. They also specialize in 100% ****, while most other kits are for 50/50 ****/water.

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about the Snow kit, but Alky Control has very good customer reviews both for product and for customer support. I talked to the owner, Julio, over the phone and he is a straight shooter. They also specialize in 100% ****, while most other kits are for 50/50 ****/water.

Interesting, why 100% **** on a supercharged vehicle? I use to run a65/45 mix in my sti and iam thinking about it more and more these days for the raptor. I was under the impression it was the water that extended your knock window and you used the **** to ensure a complete burn if the water. Amd that complete burn removes the latient heat in the cylinders allowing more dense air in there.

OP
OP
mike.s

mike.s

Reaction score
Here's what Julio from Alky Control says:

"The 50/50 vs straight??

I'll use a Buick Grand National for example. Stock boost is 14 PSI. At 15 PSI we start picking up knock. Spraying straight water through a small nozzle boost can be brought up to about 18-19 PSI. Now add some methanol mixed with water 50/50.. boost can now be brought up to about 23 PSI before we run out and knock starts popping up. Now striaght methanol.. we can bring boost past 30 PSI without any knock.

What does this mean.. it all works and suppresses knock. Just depends on how greedy you want to take the setup. The big problem I see with a low boost application is that it doesnt generate enough heat.(1 PSI boost=11 DF) And heat is whats needed to make the liquid atomize in the charge pipe turn to a gas. This phase change is especially critical when an intake like the LS motor has. Its not a single plane. I see the biggest issues with water/mix usage when it gets cold outside. If the liquid doesnt change phase, then it wont distribute in the intake.. and you'll detonate it.

Will 50/50 possibly work on the OP's setup.. maybe. Will 100% tune out perfectly??? Yes. Its just dyno time to get it sorted out. The kits on the market place some push 50/50, some straight. The only downsides to running straight is its harder on the pump, and there exists now another fluid in the engine bay that is flammable(oil, brake fluid, power steering fluid, transmission fluid, and gasoline) The Pro.. the engine stays tuned and the end user doesnt play chemist getting his percentage figured. As long as the hoses/lines/fittings are secured.. should minimize any issue."

Scrap man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the oil gears a big deal to install. I have a set but not sure if they are necessary and how much of a bitch they are to install.

OP
OP
mike.s

mike.s

Reaction score
Are the oil gears a big deal to install. I have a set but not sure if they are necessary and how much of a bitch they are to install.

It's about 6-8hrs to install. I'd recommend getting it done, especially if you already have them. If your oil pump goes, so does your engine.