new raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hi guys. my name is jack. from daytona fl. ordered my new raptor last month. they say i should get my vin and build time this week cant wait. from what i read here there are some problems with these trucks, just hope i wont have too many. i am letting my 04 svt lightning go to get this truck. bought it new and am just hoping i dont regret letting it go for this truck. svt has always from what i know meant quality vehicles. i waited for the 6.2 litre truck to come out. think it is a awesome looking truck and hope it performs well.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
No one here has ever regretted buying this truck. If you liked your lightning then you will love this truck. You get the best of both performance and luxury. The only issues is the clunk. I don't have it, but ford is working on fixing it. And its not just a raptor issue, the regular trucks and even the tundra have it.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!

I think you will be pleasantly surprised to see how far along Ford has come since the Lightnings!

OP
OP
beemerman

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thanks for the reply that makes me feel better about my purchase. just did not think that everyone was having issues with this truck. same thing happened when i bought the lightning. lots of negative reviews on forums. but i had no issues to this day. as i said svt vehicles are well thought out and are very exclusive. this is one of the best forums i have reviewed. lots of good info and knowledgeable members

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply that makes me feel better about my purchase. just did not think that everyone was having issues with this truck. same thing happened when i bought the lightning. lots of negative reviews on forums. but i had no issues to this day. as i said svt vehicles are well thought out and are very exclusive. this is one of the best forums i have reviewed. lots of good info and knowledgeable members

Usually people will say bad things before good things about these trucks due to the clientele... A truck this expensive should be perfect... I can't say anything bad about mine so far

IRONMAN

Reaction score
WELCOME!
Great to have you on the site. I've owned my truck for over a year now and no issues here.
Feel free to ask any questions you may have or contribute some input to any discussions you may have the answers to.

istarin13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done a lot of research on trucks and this one. Mine is on order and I got my VIN. Aside from the clunk which appears to be the wrong lubricant in a drive spline I can't complain about what I know so far. Honestly aside from 11 MPG which I knew and accepted there is little else wrong. Ford really made a truck that goes off road and hauls most anything in well appointed comfort.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
OP
beemerman

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have had several ford trucks and have never had any major issues unless they were created by me. last 3 trucks have been to tow my boat or bike trailers. one was a 94 f150 4x4 with the 302. it was gutless. got the lightning in 04 it really hauls. i live in florida. no hill to speak of. but the lightning is effortless as far as towing. and looks good. that is why i wanted the raptor when i first saw it. did not want the 5.4 so i waited for the 6.2. just love the fact that not everyone has a raptor in this area. have seen a few. when you do see one it is very noticeable. the dealer here does not even keep one on the lot as of a few months ago. says they have to be ordered. so guess i will see how long it takes. ordered my molten raptor on april 6th.